Features and Benefits
- 12-Bit ADC with Fast Conversion Time: 2 µs
- Four Single-Ended Analog Input Channels
- Specified for VDD of 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Low Power Consumption
- Fast Throughput Rate: - 188 kSPS
- Sequencer Operation
- Automatic Cycle Mode
- I2C® Compatible Serial Interface
- I2C® Interface supports:
- Standard, Fast, and High-Speed Modes
- Out of Range Indicator
- Pin-Selectable Addressing via AS
- Automatic Shutdown Mode: - 1 µA max
The AD7994 is a 4 channel, 12-bit, high speed, low power, successive-approximation ADC. The part operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply and features a conversion time of 2 µs. The part contains a four channel multiplexer and track/hold amplifier.
The AD7994 provides a two-wire serial interface which is compatible with I2C interfaces. The part comes in two versions, AD7994-0 and AD7994-1. Each version allows for a minimum of two different I2C addresses. The I2C interface on the AD7994-0 supports Standard and Fast I2C Interface Modes. The I2C interface on the AD7994-1 supports Standard, Fast and two High-Speed I2C Interface Modes.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7994EBZ is a fully featured evaluation Board for the AD7994. The evaluation board can be operated in complete standalone mode or connected to a PC via a standard USB interface. When operated with a PC, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board.
Please note: This Evaluation software does not run on Windows 8 or Windows 10 (USB driver is non-compliant with OS >Windows 7).
Software & Systems Requirements
AD7994 Companion Parts
Recommended External References - 2.5V
- For applications requiring 2.048V to 4.096V: REF191.
- For the reference buffer amplifier: AD8605, AD8605.
- For wide supply applications: AD780, ADR03, AD780.
- For applications requiring best accuracy, low noise, low drift: ADR421, AD780, AD780.
- For cost sensitive applications: AD1582, ADR381, ADR391.
- For low noise, high output current applications: ADR431.
Recommended Input Buffer Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.