Features and Benefits
- 4-channel, 16-bit resolution ADC
- 2 track-and-hold amplifiers
- 500 kSPS (normal mode)
- 444 kSPS (impulse mode)
- Analog input voltage range: 0 V to 5 V
- No pipeline delay
- Parallel and serial 5 V/3 V interface
- Refer to data sheet for additional features
- Download AD7655-EP Data Sheet (pdf)
- Military temperature range (−55°C to +125°C)
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- Enhanced product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
- V62/14620 DSCC Drawing Number
The AD7655 is a low cost, simultaneous sampling, dual-channel, 16-bit, charge redistribution SAR, analog-to-digital converter that operates from a single 5 V power supply. It contains two low noise, wide bandwidth, track-and-hold amplifiers that allow simultaneous sampling, a high speed 16-bit sampling ADC, an internal conversion clock, error correction circuits, and both serial and parallel system interface ports. Each track-and-hold has a multiplexer in front to provide a 4-channel input ADC. The A0 multiplexer control input allows the choice of simultaneously sampling input pairs INA1/INB1 (A0 = low) or INA2/INB2 (A0 = high). The part features a very high sampling rate mode (normal) and, for low power applications, a reduced power mode (impulse) where the power is scaled with the throughput. Operation is specified from −40°C to +85°C.
- Multichannel ADC.
The AD7655 features 4-channel inputs with two sample-and-hold circuits that allow simultaneous sampling.
- Fast Throughput.
The AD7655 is a 500 kSPS, charge redistribution, 16-bit SAR ADC with internal error correction circuitry.
- Single-Supply Operation.
The AD7655 operates from a single 5 V supply. In impulse mode, its power dissipation decreases with throughput.
- Serial or Parallel Interface.
Versatile parallel or 2-wire serial interface arrangements are compatible with both 3 V and 5 V logic.
- AC motor control
- 3-phase power control
- 4-channel data acquisition
- Uninterrupted power supplies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7655CBZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7655. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Evaluation Controller board . When operated with the Evaluation Controller board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Evaluation Controller board.
Documentation & Resources
The Data Conversion Handbook, 20051/2/2005
SAR ADC & Driver Quick-Match Guide9/13/2013
AD7655 Companion Parts
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For SPI Interface, smallest package, low voltage I/O (1.8 V to 5.5 V): ADUM3481.
- For SPI Interface, enhanced system-level ESD performance, 2.5 kVrms isolation: ADUM3401.
- For SPI Interface, lowest power, 2.5 kVrms isolation: ADUM1401.
- For SPI Interface, low power, 5.0 kVrms isolation: ADUM4401.
Recommended External Voltage References - 2.5V
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For precision, low power, low distortion applications: ADA4841-1, ADA4896-2, AD8031.
- For low frequency, precision, low bias current applications: ADA4627-1, ADA4637-1, AD8610.
- For high frequency, low noise, low distortion applications: ADA4897-1, AD8021.
Recommended Voltage Regulators
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.