New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Easy Drive
- Reduced analog input and reference drive requirements
- Overvoltage clamp input current protection up to 5 mA on each analog input
- Long acquisition phase, ≥71.5% (715 ns/1000 ns)of cycle time at 1 MSPS
- High performance
- Sample rate: 500 kSPS (AD4695) or 1 MSPS (AD4696)
- INL: ±1 LSB maximum
- Guaranteed 16-bit, no missing codes
- SINAD: 93 dB typical, VREF = 5 V and fIN = 1 kHz
- Oversampled dynamic range: 111.2 dB, OSR = 64
- Small footprint, high channel density
- 32-lead 5 mm × 5 mm LFCSP
- Easy Drive features support system-level designs with fewer components
- Wide operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- Enhanced digital functionality
- First conversion accurate, no latency or pipeline delay
- Fast conversion time and dual-SDO mode allows low SPI clock rates
- Customizable channel sequencer
- On-chip oversampling and decimation
- Threshold detection alerts
- Offset and gain correction
- Autonomous conversion (autocycle) mode
- SPI-/QPSI-/MICROWIRE-/DSP-compatible serial interface
- Low power
- 8 mW at fS = 1 MSPS (AD4696)
- 4 mW at fS = 500 kSPS (AD4695 and AD4696)
- 4 μW standby power dissipation with the internal LDO disabled
- Internal LDO enables 3.15 V to 5.5 V, single analog supply operation
- 1.14 V to 1.98 V logic interface
The AD4695/AD4696 are compact, high accuracy, low power, 16-channel, 16-bit, 500kSPS/1 MSPS, multiplexed input precision successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converters (ADC) with Easy Drive features and extensive digital functionality.
The AD4695/AD4696 are optimal for use in space-constrained multichannel precision data acquisition systems and monitoring circuits. The AD4695/AD4696 feature a true 16-bit SAR ADC core with no missing codes, a 16-channel, low crosstalk multiplexer, flexible channel sequencer, overvoltage protection clamp circuits on each analog input, on-chip oversampling and decimation, threshold detection and alert indicators, and an autonomous conversion (autocycle) mode.
The AD4695/AD4696 Easy Drive features relax the drive requirements of the analog front end (AFE) and reference circuitry. Analog input high-Z mode and reference input high-Z mode simplify system designs, reduce component count and increase channel density by removing the need for dedicated high-speed ADC drivers and reference buffers.
Input overvoltage protection clamps on each of the analog inputs protect the AD4695/AD4696 from overvoltage events and prevent overvoltage events on one channel from degrading performance on other channels (see Figure 26).
Advanced digital functionality makes the AD4695/AD4696 compatible with a variety of low power digital hosts. The low serial peripheral interface (SPI) clock rate requirements, on-chip customizable channel sequencers, and oversampling and decimation reduces the burden on the digital host system. Autocycle mode and threshold detection features enable low power, interrupt-driven firmware design by performing conversions autonomously and generating alerts based on channel-specific threshold limits.
The AD4695/AD4696 are available in a 5 mm × 5 mm 32-lead LFCSP with operation specified from −40°C to +125°C.
- Photodiode monitoring
- Medical instrumentation
- Vital signs monitoring
- Electronic test and measurement
- Automated test equipment
- Instrumentation and process control
- Battery-powered equipment
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD4696FMCZ is designed to demonstrate AD4696 performance and provide access to its many configuration options via an easy to use ACE plugin graphical interface. The AD4696 is a 16-channel, 16-bit, 1 MSPS, multiplexed successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converter (ADC) that enables high performance data acquisition of multiple signals in a small form factor. The AD4696 employs easy drive features and on-chip channel sequencing that simplify hardware and software designs and allow it to fit into a variety of space constrained precision multichannel applications.
The EVAL-AD4696FMCZ allows users to quickly evaluate the performance of the AD4696 with no or minimal hardware modifications. The hardware includes two externally driven analog input channels for evaluating ac performance and 14 channels with dc levels generated on board for evaluating dc and settling performance. The externally driven channels have configurable drive circuitry and interface with precision signal generators via SMA connectors.
The AD4696 ACE plugin communicates with the EVAL-AD4696FMCZ hardware through the EVAL-SDP-CH1Z controller board. The software allows AD4696 device configuration via a register map view and easy to use GUIs. The software also enables performing analog-to-digital conversions and provides time and frequency domain analysis tools for quick evaluation of the AD4696.
More detailed feature descriptions and device specifications are provided in the AD4696 data sheet and must be consulted in conjunction with the user guide when using the EVAL-AD4696FMCZ. Full details on the EVAL-SDP-CH1Z are available on the SDP-H1 product page.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD4696
- 2 channels customizable for external connections and 14 channels for on-board dc voltages
- On-board reference circuitry
- ACE plugin available for device configuration and performance evaluation
- FMC compatible
- System demonstration platform (SDP-H1) compatible
Tools & Simulations
AD4696 Companion Parts
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For low input bias current, low noise applications: ADA4692-4, ADA4610-4.
- For precision, low power, low distortion applications: ADA4807-4, ADA4805-2.
- For precision, lowest power applications: ADA4084-4, ADA4096-4, ADA4077-4.
Recommended External Voltage References
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.