Features and Benefits
- Easy Drive
- Greatly reduced analog input and reference drive requirements
- Overvoltage protection up to 5 mA on each analog input
- Long acquisition phase, ≥71.5% of cycle time at 1 MSPS
- High performance
- Sample rate:
500 kSPS (AD4695)
1 MSPS (AD4696)
options INL: ±1.0 LSB maximum
- Guaranteed 16-bit, no missing codes
- SINAD: 93 dB typical, fIN = 1 kHz
- Oversampled dynamic range, OSR = 64: 111.5 dB
- Small footprint, high channel density
- 32-lead 5 mm × 5 mm LFCSP
- Easy Drive features support system-level designs with fewer components
- Wide operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- Enhanced digital functionality
- First conversion accurate, no latency or pipeline delay
- Fast conversion time and dual-SDO mode allows low SPI clock rates
- Customizable channel sequencer
- On-chip oversampling and decimation
- Threshold detection alerts
- Offset and gain correction
- Autonomous conversion (autocycle) mode
- SPI-/QPSI-/MICROWIRE-/DSP-compatible serial interface
- Low power
- 17.4 mW at 1 MSPS (AD4696)
- 8.7 mW at 500 kSPS (AD4695 and AD4696)
- 5.7 μW standby power dissipation
- Internal LDO enables 3.15 V to 5.5 V, single analog supply operation
- 1.14 V to 1.98 V logic interface
The AD4695/AD4696 are compact, high accuracy, low power, 16-channel, 16-bit, 500kSPS/1 MSPS, multiplexed input precision successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converters (ADC) with Easy Drive features and extensive digital functionality.
The AD4695/AD4696 are optimal for use in space-constrained multichannel precision data acquisition systems and monitoring circuits. The AD4695/AD4696 feature a true 16-bit SAR ADC core with no missing codes, a 16-channel, low crosstalk multiplexer, flexible channel sequencer, overvoltage protection clamp circuits on each analog input, on-chip oversampling and decimation, threshold detection and alert indicators, and an autonomous conversion (autocycle) mode.
The AD4695/AD4696 Easy Drive features relax the drive requirements of the analog front end (AFE) and reference circuitry. Analog input high-Z mode and reference input high-Z mode simplify system designs, reduce component count and increase channel density by removing the need for dedicated high-speed ADC drivers and reference buffers.
Input overvoltage protection clamps on each of the analog inputs protect the AD4695/AD4696 from overvoltage events and prevent overvoltage events on one channel from degrading performance on other channels (see Figure 26).
Advanced digital functionality makes the AD4695/AD4696 compatible with a variety of low power digital hosts. The low serial peripheral interface (SPI) clock rate requirements, on-chip customizable channel sequencers, and oversampling and decimation reduces the burden on the digital host system. Autocycle mode and threshold detection features enable low power, interrupt-driven firmware design by performing conversions autonomously and generating alerts based on channel-specific threshold limits.
The AD4695/AD4696 are available in a 5 mm × 5 mm 32-lead LFCSP with operation specified from −40°C to +125°C.
- Optical communications
- Automatic test equipment
- Battery-powered equipment
- Precision data acquisition
- Instrumentation and process control
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.