Battery Charger IC
Analog Devices offers a broad portfolio of battery charger IC devices for any rechargeable battery chemistry, including Li-Ion, LiFePO4, lead acid, and nickel-based, for both wired and wireless applications. These high performance battery charging devices are offered in linear or switching topologies and are completely autonomous in operation.
Our battery charger ICs offer many standard features for battery management and safety, including on-chip battery pre-conditioning, current limiting, temperature-controlled charging, monitoring and protection, telemetry via SMBus or I2C interface, and support for high voltage, multiple-cell and multi-chemistry batteries with a single device.
ADI’s battery chargers support wide range of applications such as lithium ion battery monitoring, PV cell energy harvesting, industrial monitoring, wearable devices, and other portable equipment.
What Are the Best Applications for IoT in the New World of IC Power Management?
Honey, Where Is My Power Cord?
- AN138 - Wireless Power User Guide PDF
- AN110 - LTM4601 DC/DC uModule Thermal Performance PDF
- AN103 - LTM4600 DC/DC uModule Thermal Performance PDF
- AN117 - DC/DC uModule Regulator Printed Circuit Board Design Guidelines PDF
- AN68 - LT1510 Design Manual PDF
- Design Note 277: Dual Battery Power Manager Increases Run Time by 12% and Cuts Charge Time in Half
- Design Note 283: Li-Ion Linear Charger Allows Fast, Full Current Charging While Limiting PC Board Temperature to 85°C
- Design Note 144: LT1511 Low Dropout, Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 3A Battery Charger
- Design Note 531: 55V High Efficiency Buck-Boost Power Manager and Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- Design Note 535: Monolithic Linear Battery Charger Operates from Inputs Up to 60V
Product Selector Card
- 80V to 150V Non-Isolated DC/DC PDF
- High Voltage Non-Isolated Devices PDF
- Practical Ambient Energy Harvesting for WSNs PDF
- Backup Power Solutions PDF
- SnPb (Tin-Lead) BGA Packages μModule Power Products PDF
I2C Communication Protocol: Understanding I2C Primer, PMBus, and SMBus
- Complete, Efficient 100 mA Wireless Charging Solution with Optimum Power Transfer and Safety Features
- Wireless Power Transmission
Simple Battery Charger ICs for Any Chemistry
- Got Backup? Maintain Power Continuity