- 3.3 V supply voltage
- 20 Mbps maximum data rate
- No damage or latch-up up to ±15 kV HBM
- Guaranteed fail-safe receiver operation over the entire common-mode range
- Current-limited drivers and thermal shutdown
- Power-up and power-down glitch free driver outputs
- Low operating current: 370 μA typical in receive mode
- Compatible with TIA/EIA-485-A specifications
- Available in 14-lead SOIC_N package
COMMERCIAL SPACE FEATURES
- Supports aerospace applications
- Wafer diffusion lot traceability
- Radiation lot acceptance testing: TID
- Radiation benchmark
- Single event latch-up
The ADLT2852S-CSL is a low power, 20 Mbps RS485/RS422 transceiver operating on a 3.3 V supply. The receiver has a fail-safe feature that guarantees a high output state under conditions of floating or shorted inputs.
The driver maintains a high output impedance over the entire common-mode range when disabled or when the supply is removed. Excessive power dissipation caused by bus contention or a fault is prevented by current limiting all outputs and by thermal shutdown. Enhanced electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection allows this device to withstand up to ±15 kV human body model (HBM) on the transceiver interface pins without latch-up or damage.
The ADLT2852S-CSL is specified over the −55°C to +125°C temperature range. Additional application and technical information can be found in the Commercial Space Products Program brochure and the LTC2852 data sheet.
- Low Earth orbit (LEO) space payloads
- Low power RS485/RS422 transceiver
- Level translator
- Backplane transceiver