- Supply voltage range: 4.5 V to 36 V
- Offset voltage: ±4 µV maximum at 5 V
- Offset voltage drift: 0.01 µV/°C maximum at 5 V
- Input noise
- Voltage: 88 nV p-p from 0.1 Hz to 10 Hz typical
- Spectral density voltage: 4.2 nV/√Hz typical at 1 kHz
- Rail-to-rail output
- Unity-gain stable
- GBP: 5 MHz typical
- Slew rate: 1.8 V/µs typical falling
- PSRR: 168 dB typical at VS = 4.5 V to 36 V
- Open-loop voltage gain: 160 dB typical at VOUT = −14.75 V to +14.75 V, RL = 10 kΩ, VS = 30 V
- CMRR: 160 dB typical at VCM = −15.1 V to +13.5 V,VS= 30V
- Integrated EMI filters
- Shutdown mode
- Ground sense
- Available in 8-lead SOIC, 8-lead MSOP, and 8-lead LFCSP
The ADA4523-1 is a high voltage, low noise, zero drift op amp that offers precision dc performance over a wide supply range of 4.5 V to 36 V. Offset voltage and 1/f noise are suppressed, allowing this op amp to achieve a maximum offset voltage of ±4 µV and a 0.1 Hz to 10 Hz input noise voltage of 88 nV p-p typical.The self calibrating circuitry of the ADA4523-1 results in low offset voltage drift with temperature (0.01 µV/°C maximum) and zero drift over time. Additionally, the ADA4523-1 uses on-chip filtering to achieve high immunity to electromagnetic interference (EMI).
Wide supply range, combined with low noise, low offset, 168 dB power supply rejection ratio (PSRR), and 160 dB common-mode rejection ratio (CMRR), make the ADA4523-1 well suited for high dynamic range test, measurement, and instrumentation systems.
- High resolution data acquisition
- Reference buffering
- Test and measurement
- Electronic scales
- Thermocouple amplifiers
- Strain gages
- Low-side current sense
The EVAL-ADA4523-1ARMZ allows the evaluation of the ADA4523-1 single-channel, 8-lead, micro small outline package (MSOP) operational amplifier. The ADA4523-1 in this evaluation board is configured as a noninverting amplifier with a gain of 101. The ADA4523-1 has a typical gain bandwidth product of 4 MHz. When using a gain of 101, the useable bandwidth of the ADA4523-1 is limited to approximately 39.6 kHz. This limitation in bandwidth acts as a low-pass filter that rejects the artifacts generated by the 330 kHz internal chopping frequency of the ADA4523-1.
The EVAL-ADA4523-1 layout lessens the thermocouple effects of the trace and components that introduce offset voltages greater than the maximum offset voltage of the ADA4523-1 by carefully constructing the nodes connected to the inverting and noninverting inputs. The ADA4523-1 also features a shutdown mode for low power applications. Test point provisions for the SD and SD_COM pins are placed on the EVAL-ADA4523- 1ARMZ to easily use the shutdown function.
The EVAL-ADA4523-1ARMZ mainly consists of 0805 sized resistors and capacitors to ensure simple installation except for the bypass capacitors. The 10 µF bypass capacitors (C1 and C4) have a 2220 package size to accommodate a higher voltage rating because the ADA4523-1 has a maximum supply of 55 V. For full details on the ADA4523-1, see the ADA4523-1 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADA4523-1ARMZ.
- Dual output power supply
- Signal generator
- 3 banana jack to grabber cables
- 2 SMA to BNC male cables
- Full featured evaluation board for the ADA4523-1
- Enables efficient prototyping
- User defined circuit configuration
- Edge mounted SMA connector provisions
- Shutdown function for low power application