High IP3, 10 MHz TO 6 GHz, Active Mixer
The ADL5801 uses a high linearity, doubly balanced, active mixer core with integrated LO buffer amplifier to provide high dynamic range frequency conversion from 10 MHz to 6 GHz. The mixer benefits from a proprietary linearization architecture that provides enhanced input IP3 performance when subject to high input levels. A bias adjust feature allows the input linearity, SSB noise figure, and dc current to be optimized using a single control pin. An optional input power detector is provided for adaptive bias control. The high input linearity allows the device to be used in demanding cellular applications where in-band blocking signals may otherwise result in degradation in dynamic performance. The adaptive bias feature allows the part to provide high input IP3 performance when presented with large blocking signals. When blockers are removed, the ADL5801 can automatically bias down to provide low noise figure and low power consumption.
The balanced active mixer arrangement provides superb LO-to-RF and LO-to-IF leakage, typically better than −40 dBm. The IF outputs are designed to provide a typical voltage conversion gain of 7.8 dB when loaded into a 200 Ω load. The broad frequency range of the open-collector IF outputs allows the ADL5801 to be applied as an upconverter for various transmit applications.
The ADL5801 is fabricated using a SiGe high performance IC process. The device is available in a compact 4 mm × 4 mm, 24-lead LFCSP package and operates over a −40°C to +85°C temperature range. An evaluation board is also available.
- Cellular base station receivers
- Radio link downconverters
- Broadband block conversion
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADL5801-EVALZ is a fully populated, 4-layer evaluation board fabricated using the Rogers RO 3003 material and is powered by a single supply in the 4.75 V to 5.25 V The RF, LO and IF ports are configured for single-ended signaling via a balun transformer. The board provides smaller balun footprints for evaluation at higher frequencies. In addition, the board offers the capability to configure bias settings, IF filtering and matching schemes.
Recommended RF/IF Differential Amplifiers
- For ultralow distortion, pin strappable gain adjust , we recommend the ADL5561 .
- For adjustable gain with external resistor , we recommend the AD8351 .
- For a differential input/output IF VGA , we recommend the AD8370, AD8375 or the ADL5336 .
- For ultralow distortion and adjustable gain with external resistor , we recommend the AD8352 .
- For high performance with integrated VCO , we recommend the ADF4350 .
- For higher performance, higher frequency and faster locktimes , we recommend the ADF4106 or the ADF4156 .
- For lower cost, power and size with integrated VCO , we recommend the ADF4360-0, ADF4360-1, ADF4360-2, ADF4360-3, ADF4360-4, ADF4360-5, ADF4360-6, ADF4360-7, ADF4360-8 or the ADF4360-9 .
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Most Helpful Review
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.