Wideband (700 MHz to 3 GHz) Quadrature Modulator with Integrated PLL/VCOs and 0.5 V Input Bias
The ADRF6720 local oscillator (LO) signal can be generated internally via the on-chip integer-N and fractional-N synthesizers, or externally via a high frequency, low phase noise LO signal. The internal integrated synthesizer enables LO coverage from 356.25 MHz to 2855 MHz using the multicore VCOs. In the case of internal LO generation or external LO input, quadrature signals are generated with a divide-by-2 phase splitter. When the ADRF6720 is operated with an external 1 × LO input, a polyphase filter generates the quadrature inputs to the mixer.
The ADRF6720 offers digital programmability for carrier feedthrough optimization, sideband suppression, HD3/IP3 optimization, and high-side or low-side LO injection.
The ADRF6720 is fabricated using an advanced silicon-germanium BiCMOS process. It is available in a 40-lead, RoHS-compliant, 6 mm × 6 mm LFCSP package with an exposed pad. Performance is specified over the −40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- 2G/3G/4G/LTE broadband communication systems
- Microwave point-to-point radios
- Satellite modems
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADRF6720-EVALZ is a full featured evaluation board allowing all the necessary support circuitry to operate the ADRF6720 in its various configurations. The evaluation board includes an on-board USB to allow for register programming via the SPI port of the ADRF6720. For ease of evaluation, a footprint for an optional crystal oscillator for the PLL reference input is integrated on the board, therefore not requiring an additional signal source. The output of the modulator can be driven to the ADL5320 driver amplifier. The ADRF6720-EVALZ is a 6 layer, FR-4 based evaluation board. A +3.3 V source is required. The required software that complements the evaluation board can be found below.
Recommended Differential Dual Baseband TxDACs
- For even lower power requirements up to 125 MSPS , we recommend the AD9717 .
- For direct conversion transmit applications up to 500 MSPS where interpolation is required , we recommend the AD9122 .
- For direct conversion transmit applications up to 500 MSPS , we recommend the AD9783 .
- For direct conversion transmit applications above 1000 MSPS, with ultralow noise and IMD , we recommend the AD9142A .
- For higher bandwidths using data rates up to 250 MSPS, with low noise and IMD , we recommend the AD9747 .
- For generating differential I and Q currents up to 125 MSPS , we recommend the AD9117 .
- For higher bandwidths using data rates up to 250 MSPS where interpolation is required , we recommend the AD9125 .
Recommended RF/IF Driver Amplifiers
- For broadband applications , we recommend the ADL5324 .
Product Selection Guide
RF Source Booklet
RF IC Product Overview
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.