Low Cost, 4-Channel, 16-Bit, 500 kSPS PulSAR ADC
The AD7655 is a low cost, simultaneous sampling, dual-channel, 16-bit, charge redistribution SAR, analog-to-digital converter that operates from a single 5 V power supply. It contains two low noise, wide bandwidth, track-and-hold amplifiers that allow simultaneous sampling, a high speed 16-bit sampling ADC, an internal conversion clock, error correction circuits, and both serial and parallel system interface ports. Each track-and-hold has a multiplexer in front to provide a 4-channel input ADC. The A0 multiplexer control input allows the choice of simultaneously sampling input pairs INA1/INB1 (A0 = low) or INA2/INB2 (A0 = high). The part features a very high sampling rate mode (normal) and, for low power applications, a reduced power mode (impulse) where the power is scaled with the throughput. Operation is specified from −40°C to +85°C.
- Multichannel ADC.
The AD7655 features 4-channel inputs with two sample-and-hold circuits that allow simultaneous sampling.
- Fast Throughput.
The AD7655 is a 500 kSPS, charge redistribution, 16-bit SAR ADC with internal error correction circuitry.
- Single-Supply Operation.
The AD7655 operates from a single 5 V supply. In impulse mode, its power dissipation decreases with throughput.
- Serial or Parallel Interface.
Versatile parallel or 2-wire serial interface arrangements are compatible with both 3 V and 5 V logic.
- AC motor control
- 3-phase power control
- 4-channel data acquisition
- Uninterrupted power supplies
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For SPI Interface, smallest package, low voltage I/O (1.8 V to 5.5 V) , we recommend the ADUM3481 .
- For SPI Interface, enhanced system-level ESD performance, 2.5 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM3401 .
- For SPI Interface, lowest power, 2.5 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM1401 .
- For SPI Interface, low power, 5.0 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM4401 .
Recommended External Voltage References - 2.5V
- For high accuracy, low noise, low temperature drift , we recommend the ADR421, ADR431 or the ADR4525 .
- For applications requiring the lowest noise performance and output trim adjust , we recommend the ADR441 .
- For cost sensitive applications , we recommend the AD1582, ADR391 or the AD8605 .
- For wide supply applications , we recommend the AD780 .
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For precision, low power, low distortion applications , we recommend the ADA4841-1, ADA4896-2 or the AD8031 .
- For low frequency, precision, low bias current applications , we recommend the ADA4627-1, ADA4637-1 or the AD8610 .
- For high frequency, low noise, low distortion applications , we recommend the ADA4897-1 or the AD8021 .
Product Selection Guide
SAR ADC & Driver Quick-Match Guide
Find drivers for ADI's most popular single-ended and differential SAR ADCs based on your specific application...
MS-2210: Designing Power Supplies for High Speed ADC
MS-1779: Nine Often Overlooked ADC Specifications
Analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) have many specifications; some are more important for a given application than...
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.