MAX2077: Octal-Channel Ultrasound Front-End Data Sheet (Rev. 2)5/22/20191M
Features and Benefits
- 8 Full Channels of LNA, VGA, and AAF in a Small, 8mm x 8mm, 56-Pin or 10mm x 10mm, 68-Pin TQFN Package
- Ultra-Low Full-Channel Noise Figure of 2.4dB at RIN = RS = 200Ω
- Low Output-Referred Noise of 23nV/ at 5MHz, 20dB Gain, Yielding a Broadband SNR of 68dB* for Excellent Second-Harmonic Imaging
- High Near-Carrier SNR of 140dBc/Hz at 1kHz Offset from a 5MHz, 1VP-P Output Signal, and 20dB of Gain for Excellent Low-Velocity PW and Color-Flow Doppler Sensitivity in a High-Clutter Environment
- Ultra-Low Power 64.8mW per Full-Channel (LNA, VGA, and AAF) Normal Imaging Mode
- Selectable Active Input-Impedance Matching of 50Ω, 100Ω, 200Ω, and 1kΩ
- Wide Input-Voltage Range of 330mVP-P in High LNA Gain Mode and 550mVP-P in Low LNA Gain Mode
- Integrated Selectable 3-Pole 9MHz, 10MHz, 15MHz, and 18MHz Butterworth AAF
- Fast-Recovery, Low-Power Modes (< 2µs)
- Pin Compatible with the MAX2078 Ultrasound Front-End with CW Doppler (MAX2077 68-Pin Package Variant)
The MAX2077 octal-channel ultrasound front-end is a fully integrated, bipolar, high-density, octal-channel ultrasound receiver optimized for low-cost, high-channel count, high-performance portable and cart-based ultrasound systems. The easy-to-use IC allows the user to achieve high-end 2D and PW imaging capability using substantially less space and power. The highly compact imaging receiver lineup, including a low-noise amplifier (LNA), variable-gain amplifier (VGA), and anti-alias filter (AAF), achieves an ultra-low 2.4dB noise figure at RS = RIN = 200Ω at a very low 64.8mW perchannel power dissipation. The full imaging receiver channel has been optimized for second-harmonic imaging with -64dBFS second-harmonic distortion performance with a 1VP-P 5MHz output signal and broadband SNR of > 68dB* at 20dB gain. The bipolar front-end has also been optimized for excellent low-velocity PW and color-flow Doppler sensitivity with an exceptional near-carrier SNR of 140dBc/Hz at 1kHz offset from a 5MHz 1VP-P output clutter signal.
The MAX2077 octal-channel ultrasound front-end is available in a small 8mm x 8mm, 56-pin thin QFN or 10mm x 10mm, 68-pin thin QFN package with an exposed pad and is specified over a 0°C to +70°C temperature range. To add CW Doppler capability, replace the MAX2077 with the MAX2078.
- Medical Ultrasound Imaging
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.