Features and Benefits
- 250MHz to 4000MHz RF Frequency Range
- Integrates Two Analog Attenuators in One Monolithic Device
- Flexible Attenuation-Control Ranges
- 22dB (per Attenuator)
- 44dB (Both Attenuators Cascaded)
- 2.4dB 1500MHz Insertion Loss (per Attenuator)
- Linear dB/V Analog Control Response Curve Simplifies Automatic Leveling Control and Gain-Trim Algorithms
- Excellent Attenuation Flatness Over Wide Frequency Ranges and Attenuation Settings
- Low 7.3mA Supply Current
- Single +5.0V Supply Voltage
The MAX19790 is a dual, general-purpose analog voltage variable attenuator (VVA) designed to interface with 50Ω systems operating in the 250MHz to 4000MHz frequency range. Each attenuator includes a control circuit that provides 22dB of attenuation range with a linear control slope of 10dB/V.
Both attenuators share a common analog control and can be cascaded together to yield 44dB of total dynamic range, with a combined linear control slope of 20dB/V.
The IC is a monolithic device designed on one of Maxim's proprietary SiGe BiCMOS processes. The device operates from a single +5.0V supply and is available in a compact, 36-pin thin QFN package (6mm x 6mm x 0.8mm) with an exposed pad. Electrical performance is guaranteed over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Automatic Level Control (ALC)
- Broadband System Applications, Including Wireless Infrastructure Digital and Spread-Spectrum Communication Systems
- General Test Equipment
- Lineup Gain Trim
- Microwave Terrestrial Links
- Receiver Gain Control
- Temperature Compensation Circuits
- Transmitter Gain Control
- VSAT/Satellite Modems
- WCDMA/LTE, TD-SCDMA/TD-LTE, WiMAX®, cdma2000®, GSM/EDGE and MMDS Base Stations
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.