Features and Benefits
- 50MHz to 1000MHz RF Frequency Range
- Pin-Compatible Family Includes
- MAX2065 (Analog/Digital VGA)
- MAX2066 (Digital VGA)
- +21.9dB (typ) Maximum Gain
- 0.5dB Gain Flatness Over 100MHz Bandwidth
- 31dB Gain Range
- Built-In DAC for Analog Attenuation Control
- Excellent Linearity (Configured with Amplifier Last)
- +43dBm OIP3
- +66dBm OIP2
- +19dBm Output 1dB Compression Point
- -70dBc HD2
- -87dBc HD3
- 4dB Typical Noise Figure (NF)
- Single +5V Supply (Optional +3.3V Operation)
- External Current-Setting Resistors Provide Option for Operating Device in Reduced-Power/Reduced-Performance Mode
The MAX2067 high-linearity analog variable-gain amplifier (VGA) is a monolithic SiGe BiCMOS attenuator and amplifier designed to interface with 50Ω systems operating in the 50MHz to 1000MHz frequency range (see the Typical Application Circuit in the full data sheet). The analog attenuator is controlled using an external voltage or through the SPI™-compatible interface using an on-chip 8-bit DAC.
Because each stage has its own RF input and RF output, this component can be configured to either optimize NF (amplifier configured first), or OIP3 (amplifier last). The device's performance features include 22dB amplifier gain (amplifier only), 4dB NF at maximum gain (includes attenuator insertion loss), and a high OIP3 level of +43dBm. Each of these features makes the MAX2067 an ideal VGA for numerous receiver and transmitter applications.
In addition, the MAX2067 operates from a single +5V supply with full performance, or a single +3.3V supply with slightly reduced performance, and has an adjustable bias to trade current consumption for linearity performance. This device is available in a compact 40-pin thin QFN package (6mm x 6mm) with an exposed pad. Electrical performance is guaranteed over the extended temperature range (TC = -40°C to +85°C).
- Cable Modem Termination Systems (CMTS)
- Cellular Band WCDMA and cdma2000® Base Stations
- Fixed Broadband Wireless Access
- GSM 850/GSM 900 EDGE Base Stations
- IF and RF Gain Stages
- Military Systems
- RFID Handheld and Portal Readers
- Temperature Compensation Circuits
- Video-on-Demand (VOD) and DOCSIS®-Compliant EDGE QAM Modulation
- WiMAX and LTE Base Stations and Customer Premise Equipment
- Wireless Local Loop
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX2067 Reliability Data1/12/202380K
IP3 and Intermodulation Guide3/11/2013
PCBs Layout Guidelines for RF & Mixed-Signal9/14/2011
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.