Features and Benefits
- Very Low Loss Replacement for Power Supply OR’ing Diodes
- Minimal External Components
- Automatic Switching Between DC Sources
- Simplifies Load Sharing with Multiple Batteries
- Low Quiescent Current: 11μA
- 3V to 28V AC/DC Adapter Voltage Range
- 2.5V to 28V Battery Voltage Range
- Reverse Battery Protection
- Drives Almost Any Size MOSFET for Wide Range of Current Requirements
- MOSFET Gate Protection Clamp
- Manual Control Input
- Low Profile (1mm) ThinSOT™ Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
The LTC4412 controls an external P-channel MOSFET to create a near ideal diode function for power switchover or load sharing. This permits highly efficient OR’ing of multiple power sources for extended battery life and low self-heating. When conducting, the voltage drop across the MOSFET is typically 20mV. For applications with a wall adapter or other auxiliary power source, the load is automatically disconnected from the battery when the auxiliary source is connected. Two or more LTC4412s may be interconnected to allow load sharing between multiple batteries or charging of multiple batteries from a single charger.
The wide supply operating range supports operation from one to six Li-Ion cells in series. The low quiescent current (11μA typical) is independent of the load current. The gate driver includes an internal voltage clamp for MOSFET protection.
The STAT pin can be used to enable an auxiliary P-channel MOSFET power switch when an auxiliary supply is detected. This pin may also be used to indicate to a microcontroller that an auxiliary supply is connected. The control (CTL) input enables the user to force the primary MOSFET off and the STAT pin low.
The LTC4412 is available in a low profile (1mm) ThinSOT package.
|LTC4412||2.5V – 28V (36V max)|
|LTC4412HV||2.5V – 36V (40V max)|
- Cellular Phones
- Notebook and Handheld Computers
- Digital Cameras
- USB-Powered Peripherals
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- Logic Controlled Power Switch
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
DC1635A Demo Board for:
LTC4412HV 36V, Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
LTC4414 36V, Low Loss PowerPath Controller for Large PFETs
LTC4412 Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
Design Notes (5)
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Reference Designs (1)
Altera Cyclone IV GX Transceiver Starter Kit
Altera Cyclone IV GX Transceiver Starter Kit
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with FPGA and processor manufacturers to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications
- Our reference designs are supported by an intuitive design tool set and IP
- Our team can provide designs for quick prototypes that can speed time to market in the most complex applications
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Technical Articles (10)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.