Features and Benefits
- IQ demodulator with integrated fractional-N PLL
- LO frequency range: 700 MHz to 1050 MHz
- For the following specifications (LPEN = 0)/(LPEN = 1):
Input P1dB: 12.8 dBm/11.7 dBm
Input IP3: 26.7 dBm/24.0 dBm
Noise figure (DSB): 13.1 dB/12.4 dB
Voltage conversion gain: 1.0 dB/4.3 dB
- Quadrature demodulation accuracy
Phase accuracy: <0.5°
Amplitude accuracy: <0.1 dB
Baseband demodulation: 170 MHz/135 MHz, 3 dB bandwidth
- SPI serial interface for PLL programming
- 40-lead, 6 mm × 6 mm LFCSP
The ADRF6807 is a high dynamic range IQ demodulator with integrated phase-locked loop (PLL) and voltage controlled oscillator (VCO). The fractional-N PLL/synthesizer generates a frequency in the range of 2.8 GHz to 4.2 GHz. A programmable quadrature divider (divide ratio = 4) divides the output frequency of the VCO down to the required local oscillator (LO) frequency to drive the mixers in quadrature. Additionally, an output divider (divide ratio = 4 to 8) generates a divided-down VCO signal for external use.
The PLL reference input is supported from 9 MHz to 160 MHz. The phase detector output controls a charge pump whose output is integrated in an off-chip loop filter. The loop filter output is then applied to an integrated VCO.
The IQ demodulator mixes the differential RF input with the complex LO derived from the quadrature divider. The differential I and Q output paths have excellent quadrature accuracy and can handle baseband signaling or complex IF up to 120 MHz.
A reduced power mode of operation is also provided by programming the serial interface registers to reduce current consumption, with slightly degraded input linearity and output current drive.
The ADRF6807 is fabricated using an advanced silicon-germanium BiCMOS process. It is available in a 40-lead, exposed paddle, RoHS-compliant, 6 mm × 6 mm LFCSP package. Performance is specified over the −40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- QAM/QPSK RF/IF demodulators
- Cellular W-CDMA/CDMA/CDMA2000
- Microwave point-to-(multi)point radios
- Broadband wireless and WiMAX
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADRF6807-EVALZ is a full featured evaluation board designed to allow the user to easily evaluate all features of the ADRF6807. The evaluation board provides a USB interface for easy VCO frequency programming. RF input and baseband output SMA connections with single ended setups are featured. There is an option of fully differential baseband signaling on the output at the card edge if user desires. Access to the +3.3 V/208 mA supply and +5 V/86 mA supply is achieved with clip leads to the VCC2 and GND2 testpoints and the VCC and GND testpoints respectively; the supplies have a range of +3.135 V to +3.465 V and +4.75 V to +5.25 V, respectively. The ADRF6807-EVALZ board is a 4 layer board made of Rogers material. Setting the VCO frequency (and other functions) is achieved via the SPI port which can be programmed via the ADRF6807 USB software provided on the ADI webpage.
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimPLL enables the rapid and reliable evaluation of new high performance PLL products from ADI. It is the most comprehensive PLL Synthesizer design and simulation tool available today. Simulations performed include all key non-linear effects that are significant in affecting PLL performance. ADIsimPLL removes at least one iteration from the design process, thereby speeding the design- to-market.
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
ADRF6807 Companion Parts
Recommended Baseband Driver Amplifiers
- For low noise drivers in low voltage (1.8V) ADC applications: ADA4930-1, ADA4930-2.
- For a digital programmable VGA: AD8366.
- For selectable gains of 1, 2 or 3: ADA4950-1, ADA4950-2.
- For variable gain and programmable baseband filters: ADRF6510, ADRF6516.
- For a differential RF/IF amplifier: ADL5562, ADL5565.
Recommended Dual Analog-to-Digital Converters
- For 16-bit performance, continuous time sigma delta architecture with integrated QEC: AD9262.
- For 16-bit performance, multistage differential pipeline architecture with integrated quadrature error correction (QEC): AD9269.
- For 14-bit performance, low power and high sampling rate: AD9258, AD9251.
- For 16-bit performance, low power and high sampling rate: AD9268, AD9650.
- For 12-bit performance, low power, low cost and ease of use: AD9231.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.