Features and Benefits
- Input voltage range: −2.0 V to −5.5 V
- Maximum output current: −500 mA
- Fixed output voltage options: −0.5 V to −4.5 V
- Adjustable output from −0.5 V to −VIN + 0.5 V
- Low output noise: 4 μV rms from 100 Hz to 100 kHz
- Noise spectral density: 20 nV/√Hz, 10 kHz to 1 MHz
- PSRR at −500 mA load
- 68 dB at 10 kHz
- 50 dB at 100 kHz
- 40 dB at 1 MHz
- Low dropout voltage: −190 mV typical at −500 mA load
- Initial output voltage (VOUT) accuracy: ±0.5%
- Output voltage accuracy over line, load, and temperature: ±2.2%
- Operating supply current (IGND): −0.6 mA typical at no load
- Low shutdown current: −2 μA typical at VIN = −5.5 V
- Stable with small 4.7 μF ceramic input and output capacitor
- Positive or negative enable logic
- Current-limit and thermal overload protection
- 8-lead, 2 mm × 2 mm LFCSP package
- Supported by ADIsimPOWER voltage regulator design tool
The ADP7185 is a complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS), low dropout (LDO) linear regulator that operates from −2.0 V to −5.5 V and provides up to −500 mA of output current. This high output current LDO is ideal for regulation of high performance analog and mixed signal circuits operating from −0.5 V down to −4.5 V. Using an advanced proprietary architecture, the ADP7185 provides high power supple rejection ratio (PSRR) and low noise, and it achieves excellent line and load transient response with a small 4.7 μF ceramic output capacitor.
The ADP7185 is available in 15 fixed output voltage options. The following voltages are available from stock: −0.5 V, −1.0 V, −1.2 V, −1.5 V, −1.8 V, −2.0 V, −2.5 V, −3.0 V, and −3.3 V.
Additional voltages available by special order are −0.8 V, −0.9 V, −1.3 V, −2.8 V, −4.2 V, and −4.5 V. An adjustable version is also available which allows output voltages that range from −0.5 V to −VIN + 0.5 V with an external feedback divider.
The enable logic feature is capable of interfacing with positive or negative logic levels for maximum flexibility.
The ADP7185 regulator output noise is 4 μV rms independent of the output voltage. The ADP7185 is available in an 8-lead, 2 mm × 2 mm LFCSP, making it not only a very compact solution but also providing excellent thermal performance for applications requiring up to −500 mA of output current in a small, low profile footprint.
- Regulation to noise sensitive applications: analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), digital-to-analog converters (DACs), precision amplifiers
- Communications and infrastructure
- Medical and healthcare
- Industrial and instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADP7183 and ADP7185 evaluation boards demonstrate the functionality of the ADP7183 and ADP7185 series of linear regulators.
Simple device measurements such as line and load regulation, dropout voltage, and ground current can be demonstrated with only a single voltage supply, a voltmeter, an ammeter, and load resistors.
For full details on the ADP7183 and ADP7185 linear regulators, see ADP7183 and ADP7185 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with user guide UG-795 when using these evaluation boards.
Features & Benefits
- Input voltage range: −2.0 V to −5.5 V
- Output current range
- ADP7183: 0 mA to −300 mA
- ADP7185: 0 mA to −500 mA
- Output voltage accuracy
- ADP7183: ±2.6%
- ADP7185: ±2.2%
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- Adjustable option voltage set with two external resistors (R1 and R2), VOUT = −0.5 V × (1 + R1/R2)
Tools & Simulations
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
StudentZone Articles (1)
Rarely Asked Questions (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.