New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Integrated fully differential ADC driver with signal scaling
- Wide input common-mode voltage range
- High common-mode rejection
- Single-ended to differential conversion
- Pin selectable input range with over-range
- Input Ranges with 4.096V REFBUF: ±10V, ±5V, ±4.096V, ±2.5V and ±1.5V
- Gain/Attenuation Options: 0.37, 0.73, 0.87, 1.38 and 2.25
- Critical passive components
- 0.005% precision matched resistor array for FDA
- 9 mm × 9 mm, 0.8 mm pitch, 100-ball BGA package
- 2.5× footprint reduction versus discrete solution
- Low power, dynamic power scaling, power-down mode
- 143 mW typical at 15 MSPS
- Throughput: 15 MSPS, no pipeline delay
- INL: ±0.6 LSB typical, ±TBD LSB maximum
- SINAD: 89 dB typical at 1 kHz
- THD: −115 dB at 1 kHz, −106 dB at 400 kHz
- Gain error: 0.005% typical
- Gain error drift: 1 ppm/°C typical
- On-board reference buffer with VCMO generation
- Serial LVDS interface
- Wide operating temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
The ADAQ23878 is a precision, high speed, μModule® data acquisition solution that reduces the development cycle of a precision measurement systems by transferring the design burden of component selection, optimization, and layout from the designer to the device.
Using System-in-Package (SIP) technology, the ADAQ23878 reduces end system component count by combining multiple common signal processing and conditioning blocks in a single device, including a low noise, fully differential ADC driver (FDA), a stable reference buffer, and a high speed, 18-bit, 15 MSPS successive approximation register (SAR) ADC.
The ADAQ23878 also incorporates the critical passive components with superior matching and drift characteristics using Analog Devices, Inc., iPassive® technology to minimize temperature dependent error sources and to offer optimized performance. The fast settling of the ADC driver stage and no latency of the SAR ADC provide a unique solution for high channel count multiplexed signal chain architectures and control loop applications.
The small footprint, 9 mm × 9 mm BGA package enables smaller form factor instruments without sacrificing performance. The system integration solves many design challenges while the device still provides the flexibility of a configurable ADC driver feedback loop to allow gain or attenuation adjustments, as well as fully differential or single-ended to differential input. A single 5 V supply operation is possible while achieving optimum performance from the device.
The ADAQ23878 features a serial LVDS digital interface with one-lane or two-lane output modes, allowing the user to optimize the interface data rate for each application. The specified operation of the μModule is from −40°C to +85°C.
- Data acquisition
- Hardware in the Loop (HiL)
- Power analyzers
- Non-destructive test (acoustic emissions)
- Mass spectrometry
- Travelling wave fault location
- Medical imaging and instruments
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.