Features and Benefits
- 8 channels of LNA, VGA, AAF, and ADC
- Low noise preamplifier (LNA) - See data sheet for additional information
- Variable gain amplifier (VGA) - See data sheet for additional information
- Antialiasing filter (AAF) - See data sheet for additional information
- Analog-to-digital converter (ADC) - See data sheet for additional information
- Includes an 8 × 8 differential crosspoint switch to support continuous wave (CW) Doppler
- Low power, 195 mW per channel at 12 bits/40 MSPS (TGC)
- See data sheet for additional features
Product DetailsThe AD9272 is designed for low cost, low power, small size, and ease of use. It contains eight channels of a low noise preamplifier (LNA) with a variable gain amplifier (VGA), an antialiasing filter (AAF), and a 12-bit, 10 MSPS to 80 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC).
Each channel features a variable gain range of 42 dB, a fully differential signal path, an active input preamplifier termination, a maximum gain of up to 52 dB, and an ADC with a conversion rate of up to 80 MSPS. The channel is optimized for dynamic performance and low power in applications where a small package size is critical.
The LNA has a single-ended-to-differential gain that is selectable through the SPI. The LNA input-referred noise voltage is typically 0.75 nV/√Hz at a gain of 21.3 dB, and the combined input-referred noise voltage of the entire channel is 0.85 nV/√Hz at maximum gain. Assuming a 15 MHz noise bandwidth (NBW) and a 21.3 dB LNA gain, the input SNR is about 92 dB. In CW Doppler mode, the LNA output drives a transconductance amp that is switched through an 8 × 8 differential crosspoint switch. The switch is programmable through the SPI.
- Medical imaging/ultrasound
- Automotive radar
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Application Notes (9)
Tools & Simulations
AD9272 Companion Parts
Recommended Clock Drivers
- For low jitter, low power, clock fanout buffers: ADCLK846, ADCLK946.
- For low jitter performance: AD9510, AD9511, AD9512, AD9513, AD9514, AD9515.
Recommended Gain Control Amplifier
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.