Features and Benefits
- 12 bit SAR ADC
8 single-ended inputs
Channel sequencer functionality
Fast throughput of 1Msps
Analog Input Range 0 to 2.5V
- 12-bit temperature-to-digital converter
- Temperature sensor accuracy of ±1°C
- Temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- Specified for VDD of 2.8 V to 3.6V
- Logic Voltage VDRIVE = 1.65V to 3.6V
- Power-down current : <10 μA
- Internal 2.5V Reference
- Internal Power on Reset
- High speed serial interface SPI
- 20-lead LFCSP
The AD7298 is a 12-bit, high speed, low power, 8-channel, successive approximation ADC with an internal temperature sensor. The part operates from a single 3.3 V power supply and features throughput rates up to 1 MSPS. The device contains a low noise, wide bandwidth track-and-hold amplifier that can handle input frequencies in excess of 30 MHz.
The AD7298 offers a programmable sequencer, which enables the selection of a pre-programmable sequence of channels for conversion. The device has an on-chip 2.5 V reference that can be disabled to allow the use of an external reference.
The AD7298 offers a programmable sequencer, which enables the selection of a preprogrammable sequence of channels for conversion. The device has an on-chip, 2.5 V reference that can be disabled to allow the use of an external reference.
The AD7298 includes a high accuracy band gap temperature sensor, which is monitored and digitized by the 12-bit ADC to give a resolution of 0.25°C. The device offers a 4-wire serial interface compatible with SPI and DSP interface standards.
The AD7298 uses advanced design techniques to achieve very low power dissipation at high throughput rates. The part also offers flexible power/throughput rate management options. The part is offered in a 20-lead LFCSP package.
- Ideally suited to monitoring system variables in a variety of systems including telecommunications, process and industrial control.
- High Throughput rate of 1Msps per channel with Low Power Consumption.
- Eight Single-Ended Inputs with a Channel Sequencer. A consecutive sequence of channels can be selected on which the ADC cycles and converts.
- Integrated temperature sensor with 0.25°C resolution.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7298SDZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7298. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the System Development Platform, EVAL-SDP-CB1Z. When operated with the System Development Platform software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the System Development Platform . When operated in standalone mode the ADZS-BRKOUT-EX3 break out board is recommended for access to various control pins.
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
AD7298 Companion Parts
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For low frequency and low bias current: ADA4627-1, ADA4637-1, AD8610.
- For high speed and low noise: AD8021, ADA4897-1, ADA4899-1.
- For precision, low noise, low cost: ADA4841-1, ADA4896-2, ADA4077-1.
Recommended External Voltage References - 2.5V
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.