nanoDAC+, Improve Linearity, Offset & Drift Performance, Smaller Packages, Enhanced Features, 1.8V logic
Features and Benefits
- Four 12-Bit DACS in 10-Lead MicroSOIC
- Low Power: 600 µA @ 5 V, 500 µA @ 3 V
- Power-Down to 200 nA @ 5 V, 80nA @ 3 V
- Guaranteed Monotonic by Design
- Power-On-Reset to Zero Volts
- Three Power-Down Functions
- Double-Buffered Input Logic
- Output Range: O-VREF
- 2-Wire (I2C™ Compatible) Serial Interface
- Data Readback Facility; Software Clear Facility
- Simultaneous Update of DAC Outputs via LDAC pin(active low)
- Temperature Range: -40°C to 105°C
The AD5305/AD5315/AD5325 are quad 8-, 10-and 12-bit buffered voltage output DACs in a 10-lead microSOIC package that operate from a single 2.5 V to 5.5 V supply consuming 500 µA at 3 V. Their on-chip output amplifiers allow rail-to-rail output swing with a slew rate of 0.7 V/µs. A 2-wire serial inter- face is used which operates at clock rates up to 400 kHz. This interface is SMBus-compatible at VDD <3.6 V. Multiple devices can be placed on the same bus.
- Available in a 10-lead MicroSOIC package
- Low power, single supply operation from 2.5 V to 5.5 V supply
- Consumes 1.5mW at 3 V and 3 mW at 5 V
- Rail-to-Rail output with a slew rate of 0.7 V/µs
- Multiple devices can share the same bus
- Reference derived from the power supply
- Serial interface with clock rates up to 400 kHz
- Pin- and Software-Compatible with the AD5305 (8-Bit) and the AD5315 (10-Bit)
I2C (Inter-IC) is a trademark of Philips Semiconductors.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD5325 evaluation board is designed to help users quickly prototype new AD5325 circuits and reduce design time. The AD5325 operates from a single 2.5 V to 5.5 V supply.
Full details are available in the AD5325 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with UG-976 when using the evaluation board.
The evaluation board interfaces to the USB port of a PC via the SDP-B board (EVAL-SDP-CB1Z). Software is supplied with the evaluation board to allow the user to program the AD5325.
This evaluation board requires the SDP-B board (EVAL-SDP-CB1Z).
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board in conjunction with nanoDAC® motherboard (EVAL-MBnanoDAC-SDZ)
- On-board references
- Various link options
- PC control in conjunction with Analog Devices, Inc., system demonstration platform (SDP)
AD5325 Companion Parts
Recommended Output Amplifiers
Recommended Precision References
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.