Features and Benefits
- Triaxial digital gyroscope
- Measurement range: ±100°/sec (minimum)
- 8°/√hr (typical) in-run bias stability
- 0.12°/√hr (typical) angle random walk, x-axis
- Triaxial digital accelerometer, ±5 g dynamic range
- Autonomous operation and data collection
- No external configuration commands required
- Fast start-up time
- Factory calibrated sensitivity, bias, and axial alignment
- Calibration temperature range: 0°C ≤ TA ≤ 70°C
- Serial peripheral interface (SPI) data communications
- Data ready signal for synchronizing data acquisition
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Programmable operation and control
- Automatic and manual bias correction controls
- Bartlett window finite impulse response (FIR) filter, variable number of taps
- External sample clock options: direct
- Single command self test
- Single-supply operation: 3.15 V to 3.45 V
- 2000 g shock survivability
- Operating temperature range: −25°C to +85°C
The ADIS16460 iSensor® device is a complete inertial system that includes a triaxial gyroscope and a triaxial accelerometer. Each sensor in the ADIS16460 combines industry leading iMEMS® technology with signal conditioning that optimizes dynamic performance. The factory calibration characterizes each sensor for sensitivity, bias, and alignment. As a result, each sensor has its own dynamic compensation formulas that provide accurate sensor measurements.
The ADIS16460 provides a simple, cost effective method for integrating accurate, multiaxis inertial sensing into industrial systems, especially when compared with the complexity and investment associated with discrete designs. All necessary motion testing and calibration are part of the production process at the factory, greatly reducing system integration time. Tight orthogonal alignment simplifies inertial frame alignment in navigation systems. The SPI and register structures provide a simple interface for data collection and configuration control.
The ADIS16460 is in an aluminum module package that is approximately 22.4 mm × 22.4 mm × 9 mm and has a 14-pin connector interface.
- Smart agriculture/construction machinery
- Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)/drones, and navigation and payload stabilization
- Factory/industrial automation personnel/asset tracking
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EVAL-ADIS2 system provides a Windows-compatible evaluation system for most iSensor (ADIS16xxx) products. It comes with several application packages that run on Windows XP, Vista and 7 systems, using either 32-bit or 64-bit USB drivers. The standard 16-pin interface provides the connection path to all iSensor breakout boards (ADIS16xxx/PCBZ). Device-under-test (DUT) power can come from the USB (+3.3V, +5V selectable options) or an external power supply. For those who are familiar with the predecessor system (EVAL-ADIS), the EVAL-ADIS2 provides a number of key advancements including support for longer cabling to the DUT and operation over a wider temperature range (-40°C to +85°C)
Features & Benefits
- PC-USB Inertial MEMS Evaluation System
- Windows XP, Vista and 7 with 32-bit and 64-bit driver support
- IMU and Vibration Evaluation software packages
- Compatible with most ADIS1613x, ADIS162xx, ADIS163xx, ADIS164xx devices
- Synchronous Data Capture at maximum sample rates
- Register access for device configuration and validation
- Standard, 16-pin ribbon cable interface with all ADIS16xxx breakout boards.
- Up to 2m of separation with DUT
The ADIS16IMU4/PCBZ is a kit of components that simplifies the process of connecting ADIS16xxx IMU products to an embedded processor development platform or to the EVAL-ADIS evaluation system. This kit has four KEY components: interface board, stand-off, mounting hardware and a ribbon cable.
- Industrial instrumentation
- Platform stabilization systems
- Personnel tracking
Features & Benefits
- ADIS1646x-Compatible Breakout Board
- 44mm x 47mm Interface Board Size
- M2x0.4mm Mounting Hardware Kit
- 7mm Spacer for flat surface interface
- 16-pinm 12-inch Ribbon Cable
- RoHS Compliant
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.