Features and Benefits
- ADM3058E 12 Mbps isolated CAN FD transceiver
- 2-layer PCB with low radiated emissions, passes EN 55022 Class B
- On-board LDO regulators for 6 V to 9 V supply, providing 5 V to the ADM3058E VDD1 pin and VDD2 pin
- Screw terminal connectors for the following
- 6 V to 9 V LDO regulator, 5 V power supply to VDD1 pin
- 1.7 V to 5.5 V direct power supply to VDD1 pin
- 6 V to 9 V LDO regulator, 5 V power supply to VDD2 pin
- 4.5 V to 5.5 V direct power supply to VDD2 pin
- TXD pin, RXD pin, CANH pin, CANL pin signals
- Divided PCB return planes for GND1 and GND2
- SMA connectors for TXD pin and RXD pin signals
The EVAL-ADM3058EEBZ allows the user to evaluate the ADM3058E isolated signal and power transceiver for controller area network (CAN) or CAN with flexible data rate (CAN FD) networks. The EVAL-ADM3058EEBZ allows all of the input and output functions to work without the need for external components.
Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology, the ADM3058E integrates logic side on/off keying (OOK) signal isolation channels and a low loop delay, high data rate, CAN FD transceiver.
The EVAL-ADM3058EEBZ is populated with the 8-lead standard small outline package, with increased creepage (SOIC_IC) and >8 mm creepage.
Full specifications of the ADM3058E can be found in the ADM3058E data sheet, available from Analog Devices, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADM3058EEBZ.
Markets & Technology