- Guaranteed Operation from –55°C to 175°C
- Fully Tested at 175°C
- Protected from Overvoltage Line Faults to ±60V
- ±52kV ESD Interface Pins, ±15kV All Other Pins
- Level 4 IEC61000-4-4 Electrical Fast Transient
- ±25V Working Common Mode Range
- 20Mbps Maximum Baud Rate
- Operates with VCC from 3V to 5.5V
- PROFIBUS IEC 61158-2 Compliant (VCC ≥ 4.5V)
- Fully Balanced Differential Receiver Thresholds with 240mV Hysteresis for Superior Noise Tolerance and Low Duty Cycle Distortion
- Receiver Failsafe for Open, Shorted and Terminated Conditions
- Available in a Tiny 3mm × 3mm MSOP Package
The LTC2879X is a rugged RS485/RS422 transceiver designed to operate over a wide temperature range of –55°C to 175°C. Special processing steps are used to prevent intermetallic growth that can cause metal voids on standard parts operating at high temperatures. Lowdrift, low-leakage circuitry and lack of a thermal shutdown circuit allow the LTC2879X to meet critical specifications, tested 100% at 175°C.
The LTC2879X also meets the specifications for PROFIBUS-DP (IEC 61158-2) supporting all data rates from 9.6kbps to 12Mbps.
The LTC2879X is exceptionally robust, tolerating ±60V faults on the bus pins and protected to ±52kV ESD. These devices are suitable for harsh environments or where 24V power might be inadvertently connected. Extended ±25V input common mode operating range and full failsafe operation improve data communication reliability in noisy systems.
The LTC2879X meets RS485, RS422, and PROFIBUS-DP specifications with a supply voltage of 4.5V to 5.5V with full RS485/RS422 compatibility down to 3V.
- Oil and Gas Exploration
- High Temperature Industrial Control
- Military Systems
- Harsh Environments