- 2% LED Current Regulation
- 2.5% Output Voltage Regulation
- 50,000:1 PWM Dimming at 100Hz
- 512:1 Internal PWM Dimming
- Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation
- Silent Switcher Architecture for Ultralow EMI
- Operates in Boost, Buck Mode and Buck-Boost Mode
- 4V to 56V Input Voltage Range
- Up to 52V LED String Voltage
- Adaptive Peak Switch Current Limit Up to 5A for Low VIN
- 200kHz to 2MHz with SYNC Function
- Analog or Duty Cycle LED Current Control
- Open/Short LED Protection and Fault Indication
- Small 28-Lead 4mm × 5mm LQFN Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
The LT8386 is a monolithic, synchronous, step-up DC-to-DC converter that utilizes fixed frequency, peak current control and provides PWM dimming for a string of LEDs. The LED current is programmed by an analog voltage or digital pulses at the CTRL pin. The LT8386 will maintain 2% current regulation through an external sense resistor over a wide range of output voltages.
The LT8386 features Silent Switcher® technology designed to minimize EMI/EMC emissions with high efficiency. The switching frequency is programmable from 200kHz to 2MHz by an external resistor at the RT pin or by an external clock applied at the SYNC/SPRD pin. With the optional spread spectrum frequency modulation enabled, the frequency varies from 100% to 125% to reduce EMI.
The LT8386 includes a driver for an external high side PMOS for PWM dimming. The 60V rated LT8386 is pin-to-pin compatible with the LT3922 and LT3922-1.
- Automotive and Industrial Lighting
- Heads Up Display (HUD)/Machine Vision