- Amplitude settling time: 200 ns typical
- Wideband rejection: ≥30 dB
- Single chip implementation
- 40-lead, 6 mm × 6 mm, RoHS compliant LFCSP
The ADMV8432 is a monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC), tunable band-pass filter that features a user selectable pass-band frequency. The 3 dB filter bandwidth is >17% of the center frequency (fCENTER). Additionally, fCENTER can be varied between 16.5 GHz to 29.5 GHz by applying an analog tuning voltage between 0 V to 15 V. This tunable filter can be used as a much smaller alternative to physically large switched filter banks and cavity tuned filters. This tunable filter has excellent microphonics due to the monolithic design and provides a dynamically adjustable solution in advanced communications applications.
- Test and measurement equipment
- Military radar and electronic warfare (EW) systems
- Video satellite (VSAT) communications
The ADMV8416-EVALZ/ADMV8432-EVALZ evaluation boards aid in the evaluation of the ADMV8416 and ADMV8432 bandpass filters with selectable pass band frequency.
The ADMV8416-EVALZ/ADMV8432-EVALZ evaluation boards have end launch 2.4 mm connectors on both the input and the output to allow an efficient connection to test equipment and other circuitry.
Optimized power and ground planes ensure low noise and high speed operation. Component placement and power supply bypassing are optimized for maximum circuit flexibility and performance.
All components are placed on the primary side. No components are placed on the secondary side (see Figure 1 and Figure 2). Note that the ADMV8432-EVALZ evaluation board is labeled ADMV8416-EVALZ. The ADMV8416 and ADMV8432 are evaluated using the same printed circuit board (PCB).
The ADMV8416 and ADMV8432 data sheets, available at www.analog.com, provide full specifications for the ADMV8416 and ADMV8432. Consult the ADMV8416 and ADMV8432 data sheets in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation boards.
- Enables quick breadboarding and prototyping
- User defined circuit configuration
- End launch 2.4 mm connector provisions
- Easy connection to test equipment and other circuits