24-Bit, 250 kSPS Sigma Delta ADC with 20 µs Settling
The AD7176-2 is a fast settling, highly accurate, high resolution, multiplexed, 24 bit, Sigma Delta ADC for low bandwidth input signals with a fully flexible ODR (output data rate) between 5SPS and 250kSPS.
The AD7176-2 combines 2 differential or 4 single-ended analog input channels via the integrated crosspoint multiplexer with industry beating power dissipation figures.
For 50 Hz and 60 Hz environments, the AD7176-2 specific filter minimizes the settling times or maximizes the rejection of the line frequency. These enhanced filters enable simultaneous 50 Hz and 60 Hz rejection with a 27 SPS output data rate.
With an ODR of 250ksps the AD7176-2 can boast a RMS noise of 9.7uV when operating on the default Sinc5 + Sinc1 filter.
The AD7176-2 is configured over SPI and comes in a small 24 pin TSSOP package which enables reduced board size.
Integrated precision 2.5V (2 ppm/°C) reference and integrated oscillator adds functionality and reduces external component count.
- Optional Split supply operation +/-2.5V (AVDD1-AVSS)
- System offset and gain errors can be corrected on a per channel basis.
- Boasts Low noise figures across the ODR range
- Fully SPI, QSPI, Microwire and DSP compatible
- Sinc5 + Sinc1 filter, Sinc3 filter and enhanced 50Hz and 60Hz rejection digital filter options (see digital filter in FAQ)
- SPI configuration control
- 3 or 4 wire digital interface (Schmitt trigger on SCLK)
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
The EVAL-AD7176-2SDZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7176-2. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the System Development Platform, EVAL-SDP-CB1Z . When operated with the System Development Platform software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the System Development Platform . When operated in standalone mode the ADZS-BRKOUT-EX3 break out board is recommended for access to various control pins.
The SDP Controller board is a separate list item in the ordering guide below (EVAL-SDP-CB1Z). If you have not previously purchased an SDP Controller board, please do so to ensure a full evaluation setup.
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For SPI Interface, enhanced system-level ESD performance, 2.5 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM3401 .
- For SPI Interface, low power, 5.0 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM4401 .
- For SPI Interface, lowest power, 2.5 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM1401 .
- For SPI Interface, smallest package, low voltage I/O (1.8 V to 5.5 V) , we recommend the ADUM3481 .
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
Recommended External Multiplexers
Recommended External Voltage References
Recommended Power Solutions
For selecting voltage regulator products, use ADIsimPower.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.