- 0.5 GHz to 19 GHz frequency range
- Programmable Time Delay: 7-bit resolution
- Programmable Time Delay Modes
- TD_Mode0: 0 to 508ps range, 4ps Standard resolution
- TD_Mode1: 0 to 254ps range, 2ps High resolution
- Programmable Attenuation: 6-bit resolution
- 31.5 dB adjustment range
- 0.5 dB step size
- Fully programmable via a 3-wire or 4-wire SPI interface
- SPI Programmable and Daisy Chaining selectable
- Power Dissipation: 1 mW with 1.2V and 1.0V Dual Supplies
- 14-pin 2x3mm LFCSP
The ADAR4002 is a very low power broadband bi-directional single channel true time delay unit (TDU) and a digital step attenuator (DSA). The IC has 18.5 GHz of bandwidth over a frequency range of 0.5 GHz to 19 GHz with 50 Ω input impedance at both RF ports. The TDU has two programmable maximum time delays, each with 7-bit control: Range 0 has a maximum delay of 508ps with a resolution of 4ps. This range is used at lower frequencies and where the ADAR4002 has less loss. Range 1 has a maximum delay of 254ps and a resolution of 2ps. This range has less loss compared to Range 0 and is useful at higher frequencies. The DSA has 6-bit resolution with an attenuation range of 0 dB to 31.5 dB and a step size of 0.5 dB. The ADAR4002 is designed to provide flexible digital control through either a SPI interface or a shift register to allow daisy chaining multiple chips together. The ADAR4002 contains register memory for 32 TDU+DSA states. The memory combined with on-chip sequencers, allows a fast memory advance via the UPDATE pin.
The ADAR4002 is available in a 2 mm × 3 mm 14-lead LFCSP package and is specified from -40°C to 85°C.
For more information please contact ADI at firstname.lastname@example.org.