Features and Benefits
- Fully Compliant IEEE 802.3bt Type 3 and 4 PSE
- Fully Compliant IEEE 802.3at Type 2 PSE
- Software-Compatible with LTC4291-1/LTC4292
- Up to 48 PSE Ports with One Power Channel per Port
- Up to 24 PSE Ports with Two Power Channels per Port
- ECC-Protected eFlash and Data RAMs
- Low Power Path Dissipation per Channel
- 100mΩ Sense Resistance
- 30mΩ or Lower MOSFET RDS(ON)
- Chipset Provides Electrical Isolation
- Eliminates Optos and Isolated 3.3V Supply
- Very High Reliability Multipoint PD Detection
- Connection Check Distinguishes Single-Signature and Dual-Signature PDs
- Continuous Per-Port Power and Current Monitoring
- 1MHz I2C Compatible Serial Control Interface
- Pin or I2C Programmable PD Power
- Available in 24-Lead 4mm × 4mm (LTC9101‑1) and a 64-Lead 7mm × 11mm (LTC9102/LTC9103) QFN Packages
The LTC9101-1/LTC9102/LTC9103 chipset is a 48-port power sourcing equipment (PSE) controller designed for use in IEEE 802.3at Type 2, 802.3bt Type 3 and 4 compliant Power over Ethernet (PoE) systems. The LTC9101-1/LTC9102/LTC9103 is designed to power compliant 802.3af, 802.3at, and 802.3bt PDs. The LTC9101-1/LTC9102/LTC9103 chipset delivers lowest-in-industry heat dissipation by utilizing low-RDS(ON) external MOSFETs and 0.1Ω sense resistance per power channel. A transformer-isolated communication protocol replaces expensive opto-couplers and complex isolated 3.3V supply, resulting in significant BOM cost savings.
Advanced power management features include per-port 14‑bit current/power monitoring, programmable current/power limits, and versatile fast shut-down of preselected ports. An advanced power management host software layer is available. PD detection uses a proprietary multipoint detection mechanism ensuring excellent immunity from false PD identification. Autoclass and 5-event physical classification are supported. The LTC9101-1/LTC9102/LTC9103 includes an I2C serial interface operable up to 1MHz. The LTC9101-1/LTC9102/LTC9103 is pin or I2C programmable to negotiate PD delivered power up to 71.3W.
- PoE PSE Switches/Routers and Midspans
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.