Features and Benefits
- Seamless Transition Between Power Sources: Li-Ion Battery, USB, and 6V to 36V External Supply
- High Efficiency 1.2A Charger from 6V to 36V Input
- Load Dependent Charging from USB Input Guarantees Current Compliance
- 215mΩ Internal Ideal Diode plus Optional External Ideal Diode Controller Provides Low Loss Power Path When External Supply/USB Not Present
- Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Operation with Thermal Feedback to Maximize Charging Rate without Risk of Overheating
- Selectable 100% or 20% Current Limit (e.g., 500mA/ 100mA) from USB Input
- Preset 4.1V Charge Voltage with 0.8% Accuracy
- C/10 Charge Current Detection Output
- NTC Thermistor Input for Temperature Qualified Charging
- Tiny (6mm × 3mm × 0.75mm) 22-Pin DFN Package
The LTC4089-1 is a USB power manager plus high voltage Li-Ion battery charger. This device controls the total current used by the USB peripheral for operation and battery charging. Battery charge current is automatically reduced such that the sum of the load current and the charge current does not exceed the programmed input current limit. The LTC4089-1 also accommodates high voltage power supplies, such as 12V AC-DC wall adapters, FireWire, or automotive power.
The LTC4089-1 provides a ﬁxed 5V output from the high voltage input to charge single cell Li-Ion batteries. The charge current is programmable and an end-of-charge status output (CHRG) indicates full charge. Also featured is programmable total charge time, an NTC thermistor input used to monitor battery temperature while charging and automatic recharging of the battery.
||Float Voltage||NTC Hot Threshold||Bat-Track HV Output|
- Portable USB Devices—GPS Receivers, Cameras, MP3 Players, PDAs
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
LTC4089-1 Companion Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|LTC4089EDJC-1#PBF||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||22-Lead DFN (6mm x 3mm w/ EP)|
|LTC4089EDJC-1#TRPBF||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||22-Lead DFN (6mm x 3mm w/ EP)|
|Wafer Fabrication Data||R540 Reliability Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.