Features and Benefits
- Low Power Dissipation
- 2A Maximum Charge Current
- No External MOSFETs, Sense Resistor or Blocking Diode Required
- Remote Sensing at Battery Terminals
- Programmable Charge Termination Timer
- Preset 4.2V Float Voltage with ±0.5% Accuracy
- Programmable Charge Current Detection/Termination
- Automatic Recharge
- Thermistor Input for Temperature Qualified Charging
- Compatible with Current Limited Wall Adapters
- Low Profile 16-Lead (4mm × 4mm) QFN Package
The LTC4001 is a 2A Li-Ion battery charger intended for 5V wall adapters. It utilizes a 1.5MHz synchronous buck converter topology to reduce power dissipation during charging. Low power dissipation, an internal MOSFET and sense resistor allow a physically small charger that can be embedded in a wide range of handheld applications. The LTC4001 includes complete charge termination circuitry, automatic recharge and a ±1% 4.2V float voltage. Input short-circuit protection is included so no blocking diode is required.
Battery charge current, charge timeout and end-of-charge indication parameters are set with external components. Additional features include shorted cell detection, temperature qualified charging and overvoltage protection. The LTC4001 is available in a low profile (0.75mm) 16-lead (4mm × 4mm) QFN package.
- Handheld Battery-Powered Devices
- Handheld Computers
- Charging Docks and Cradles
- Digital Cameras
- Smart Phones
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Product Selector Card (1)
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (1)
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.