Features and Benefits
- Low Power: 450µA
- 60ns at 20mV Overdrive
- 85ns at 5mV Overdrive
- Low Offset Voltage: 0.8mV
- Operates Off Single 5V or Dual ±5V Supplies
- Input Common Mode Extends to Negative Supply
- No Minimum Input Slew Rate Requirement
- Complementary TTL Outputs
- Inputs Can Exceed Supplies without Phase Reversal
- Pin Compatible with LT1394, LT1016 and LT1116
- Output Latch Capability
- Available in 8-Lead MSOP and SO Packages
The LT1671 is a low power 60ns comparator with complementary outputs and latch. The input common mode range extends from 1.5V below the positive supply down to the negative supply rail. Like the LT1394, LT1016 and LT1116, this comparator has complementary outputs designed to interface directly to TTL or CMOS logic. The LT1671 may operate from either a single 5V supply or dual ±5V supplies. Low offset voltage specifications and high gain allow the LT1671 to be used in precision applications.
The LT1671 is designed for improved speed and stability for a wide range of operating conditions. The output stage provides active drive in both directions for maximum speed into TTL, CMOS or passive loads with minimal cross-conduction current. Unlike other fast comparators, the LT1671 remains stable even for slow transitions through the active region, which eliminates the need to specify a minimum input slew rate.
The LT1671 has an internal, TTL/CMOS compatible latch for retaining data at the outputs. The latch holds data as long as the LATCH pin is held high. Device parameters such as gain, offset and negative power supply current are not significantly affected by variations in negative supply voltage.
- High Speed A/D Converters
- Zero-Crossing Detectors
- Current Sense for Switching Regulators
- Extended Range V/F Coverters
- Fast Pulse Height/Width Discriminators
- High Speed Triggers
- Line Receivers
- High Speed Sampling Circuits
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADALM-SR1 (Analog Devices Active Learning Module, Switching Regulator) board is a companion module for several switching regulator exercises covering buck and boost regulators:
- Boost and Buck converter elements and open-loop operation
- Buck Converters: closed loop operation
- Boost Converters: closed loop operation
The circuits required for these exercises exceed the complexity that can be constructed on a breadboard, so the ADALM-SR1 was designed as a flexible platform for experimenting with power electronics. Onboard current sense amplifiers, adjustable electronic load, and feedback signal injection circuitry eliminate the need for expensive equipment — the only additional equipment required is:
- 5V USB wall adapter
- Basic adjustable power supply for input power (0-12V, 2A)
- ADALM2000 or basic oscilloscope (2 channels with trigger, >10MHz bandwidth)
Features & Benefits
- Companion module for Active Learning labs on buck and boost power converters
- Illustrates important concepts related to buck and boost converters:
- Continuous vs. Discontinuous Conduction Modes
- Open loop operation
- Voltage mode control
- Current mode control
- Independently adjustable parameters: frequency, duty cycle, voltage/current mode
- Onboard current sense amplifiers and adjustable load minimize equipment requirements.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Reference Designs (1)
Technical Articles (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.