Features and Benefits
- Lockbox™ Secure Technology: Hardware-enabled security for code and content protection
- Two independent DMA controllers
- Multimedia: Multiple Enhanced Parallel Peripheral Interfaces (EPPI), Pixel Compositor hardware accelerator
- Human Interface: 18/24-bit LCD Controller 32-bit Up/Down counter/Thumbwheel interface, 8x8 Keypad interface
- Blackfin® Processor Core with up to 600Mhz (1200 MMACS) Performance
- Connectivity: High Speed USB OTG , Host DMA, UARTs, SPORTs, SPI, and TWI
- Expansion: SD/SDIO and ATAPI-6 Controllers
- Synchronous interface for DDR or Mobile DDR connectivity (See data sheet ordering guide for specific product information)
- Asynchronous memory interface for SRAM, EEPROM, NAND/NOR, Flash connectivity
The ADSP-BF547 processors were specifically designed to meet the needs of convergent multimedia applications where system performance and cost are essential ingredients. The integration of multimedia, human interface, and connectivity peripherals combined with increased system bandwidth and on-chip memory provides customers a platform to design the most demanding applications. For applications that require additional external memory, the ADSP-BF547 family provides product variants specifically designed to interface to either Standard DDR1 or 1.8V Low-Power DDR memory devices.
IP protection has become a necessary part of today’s embedded applications. The ADSP-BF54x provides a security scheme that balances flexibility and upgradeability with performance through the inclusion of a firmware based solution including OTP memory to enable users to implement private keys for secure access to program code.
The ADSP-BF547 provides peripheral flexibility to complement its high performance processing. These rich system level peripherals are well suited for Advanced Vehicle Infotainment and Industrial multimedia applications where multiple standards are prevalent and system performance is required.
To enhance connectivity, a High Speed USB On-the-Go (HS USB OTG) module with Integrated PHY has been integrated along with an 8/16-bit Host DMA Interface. These system level peripherals, along with standard serial connections provided by multiple on-chip SPORT, SPI, UART, and TWI interfaces, provide glue-less interfaces to multiple off chip devices including consumer and communication products, Bluetooth, and other application specific interfaces. This level of integration is perfect for the emerging and constantly changing products and standards in the car infotainment and multimedia segments.
For interfacing off chip to storage media including hard drives, CD/DVD-drives, and NAND Flash products, the ADSP-BF547 has implemented a SD/SDIO controller, ATAPI-6 controller, and an 8/16-bit NAND flash controller.
Many multimedia enhancements have also been included on the ADSP-BF547 to offload processor MIPS through hardware integration, expand display capabilities, and shorten customer development time. The multiple Enhanced Parallel Peripheral Interfaces that support ITU-R BT.656 Video Formats now can also drive 18/24-bit LCD displays. A Hardware acceleration block, the Pixel Compositor, has been developed to execute overlay, color conversion and alpha blending. This block significantly reduces processor core overhead associated with software RGB-YUV color conversion and alpha blending.
For human interface capability, the ADSP-BF547 provides a 32-bit up/down counter that can sense 2-bit quadrature or binary codes as typically emitted by industrial drives or manual thumb wheels. An 8x8 Keypad interface is also included.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (3)
The Analog Devices ICE-1000 and ICE-2000 emulators facilitate the creation, test, and debug of advanced applications on Analog Devices Processors and DSPs. Working in tandem with the CrossCore® Embedded Studio development environment, these emulators provide state-of-the-art support for all JTAG-compliant Analog Devices processors.
New debug feature added for the ICE-1000/ICE-2000:
- Coresight Serial Wire Debug (SWD)
Features & Benefits
- JTAG/SWD support for Blackfin, Blackfin+, SHARC and multi-core SHARC+ with ARM
- Plug-n-Play, USB 2.0 compliant
- USB bus-powered device
- Windows® 8.1, Window 7 compatible
- Multiple processor I/O voltage support: 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V
- Multiprocessor support
- JTAG/SWD clock operation of 5 MHz on the ICE-1000
- JTAG/SWD clock operation up to 46 MHZ on the ICE-2000
- Multi-colored LED for enhanced status indication
- Software controlled target reset to support remote debug
EMULATOR-USB & HP USB ICE
Analog Devices’ cost-effective Universal Serial Bus (USB)-based emulator and High performance (HP) Universal Serial Bus (USB)-based emulator each provide an easy, portable, non-intrusive, target-based debugging solution for Analog Devices JTAG processors and DSPs. These powerful USB-based emulators perform a wide range of emulation functions, including single-step and full speed execution with pre-defined breakpoints, and viewing and/or altering of register and memory contents. With the ability to automatically detect and support multiple I/O voltages, the USB and HP USB emulators enable users to communicate with all of the Analog Devices JTAG processors and DSPs using either a full speed USB 1.1 or high speed USB 2.0 port on the host PC. Applications and data can easily and rapidly be tested and transferred between the emulators and the separately available VisualDSP++ development and debugging environment(sold separately).
The plug-and-play architecture of USB allows the emulators to be automatically detected and configured by the host operating system. It can also be connected to and disconnected from the host without opening the PC or turning off the power to the PC. A 3-meter cable is included to connect the emulators to the host PC, thus providing abundant accessibility to hard to reach targets.
The HP USB-based emulator also supports the Background
Telemetry Channel (BTC), a non-intrusive method
for exchanging data between the host and target
application without affecting the target system's
Part Number: ADZS-USB-ICE
High Performance USB-Based Emulator
Part Number: ADZS-HPUSB-ICE
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
For additional information, contact your local Analog Devices Sales Office or Distributor.
Features & Benefits
- Full speed USB 1.1 interface enabling download speeds of up to 150 KB/Sec (ADZS-USB-ICE) or High speed USB 2.0 interface enabling download speeds of up to 1.5MB/sec (ADZS-HPUSB-ICE)
- Background Telemetry Channel (BTC) support enabling non-intrusive data exchange at up to 2.0 MB/sec (ADZS-HPUSB-ICE only)
- 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V compliant and tolerant
- Support for all ADI JTAG processors and DSPs
- 5V tolerant and 3.3V compliant for 5V processors and DSPs
- Multiprocessor support
- 14-pin JTAG connector
- 3-meter USB cable for difficult-to-reach targets
The ADSP-BF548 EZ-KIT Lite® provides developers with a cost-effective method for initial evaluation of the ADSP-BF54x Blackfin® Processors via a USB-based, PC-hosted tool set. With this EZ-KIT Lite, users can learn more about the Analog Devices (ADI) ADSP-BF548 hardware and software development, and quickly prototype a wide range of applications.
The EZ-KIT Lite includes an ADSP-BF548 Blackfin Processor desktop evaluation board along with an evaluation suite of the VisualDSP++® development and debugging environment, including the C/C++ compiler, assembler, and linker. The evaluation suite of VisualDSP++ is designed to be used with the EZ-KIT Lite only.
The EZ-KIT Lite ships with a 4x4 Keypad, Optical Thumbwheel, QVGA Touch Screen LCD and a 40 Gigabyte Hard Drive.
Part number: ADZS-BF548-EZLITE
CROSSCORE® Tools Support
Features & Benefits
- ADSP-BF548 Processor: 400 Ball mBGA, 600MHz; 25 MHz CLKIN oscillator
- DDR SDRAM: 64 MB (8M x 16) Micron MT46V32M16
- BURST Flash: 16 MB Numonyx PC28F128P33T85A
- NAND Flash: 2 Gb Numonyx NAND02
- SPI Flash: 16 Mbit Numonyx M25P16
- Hard Drive: Toshiba MK4032GAX 40GB 2.5” drive
- AC’97 CODEC: AD1980 5.1 Surround Codec
- Keypad: ACT Components, ACT-07-30008-000-R 4x4 Keypad assembly
- Thumbwheel: CTS Corp 290UAB0R201B2, Rotary Encoder
- UART: ADM3202 RS-232 line driver/receiver; DB9 female connector
- USB Debug Agent and JTAG Header
- Connectors: HS USB OTG; SD Memory; CAN (2); HOST; Expansion Interface (3); STAMP Interface (7)
Application Notes (50)
Software Manuals (17)
Software & Systems Requirements
Software & Tools Anomalies
Software Development Tools
Product Selection Guide (1)
Circuit Notes (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.