Features and Benefits
- High dynamic range, dual DAC parts
- Low noise and intermodulation distortion
- Single carrier W-CDMA ACLR = 80 dBc @ 61.44 MHz IF
- Innovative switching output stage permits usable outputs beyond Nyquist frequency
- LVDS inputs with dual-port or optional interleaved single-port operation
- Differential analog current outputs are programmable from 8.6 mA to 31.7 mA full scale
- Auxiliary 10-bit current DACs with source/sink capability for external offset nulling
- See Data Sheet for Additional Information
The AD9780/AD9781/AD9783 include pin-compatible, high dynamic range, dual digital-to-analog converters (DACs) with 12-/14-/16-bit resolutions, and sample rates of up to 500 MSPS. The devices include specific features for direct conversion transmit applications, including gain and offset compensation, and they interface seamlessly with analog quadrature modulators such as the ADL5370.
A proprietary, dynamic output architecture permits synthesis of analog outputs even above Nyquist by shifting energy away from the fundamental and into the image frequency.
Full programmability is provided through a serial peripheral interface (SPI) port. Some pin-programmable features are also offered for those applications without a controller.
- Low noise and intermodulation distortion (IMD) enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals.
- Proprietary switching output for enhanced dynamic performance.
- Programmable current outputs and dual auxiliary DACs provide flexibility and system enhancements.
- Wireless infrastructure
- W-CDMA, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX
- Wideband communications
- LMDS/MMDS, point-to-point
- RF signal generators, arbitrary waveform generators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD-DAC-FMC-ADP adapter board allows any of Analog Devices' DPG2-compatiable High-Speed DAC Evaluation Boards to be used on a Xilinx® evaluation board with a FMC connector. The adapter board uses the Low Pin Count (LPC) version of the FMC connector, so it can be used on either LPC or HPC hosts (such as the ML605 or SP605).
For a list of compatible evaluation boards, please see the "DPG2" information on our Data Pattern Generator (DPG) High-Speed DAC Evaluation Platform page.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.