Features and Benefits
- JESD204A coded serial digital outputs
- SNR = 73.7 dBFS @70 MHz and 80MSPS
- SNR = 72.8 dBFS @70 MHz and 155MSPS
- SFDR = 94 dBc @ 70 MHz and 80 MSPS
- SFDR = 90 dBc @ 70 MHz and 155 MSPS Low power: 238 mW @ 80 MSPS 1.8 V supply operation
- Low power: 238 mW @ 80 MSPS, 313mW at 155 MSPS
- 1.8 V supply operation
- Integer 1-to-8 input clock divider
- IF sampling frequencies to 250 MHz
- Please see data sheet for additional features
Product DetailsThe AD9641 is a 14-bit, 80 MSPS/155 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with a high speed serial output interface. The AD9641 is designed to support communications applications where high performance, combined with low cost, small size, and versatility, is desired. The JESD204A high speed serial interface reduces board routing requirements and lowers pin count requirements for the receiving device.
The ADC core features a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic. The ADC features wide bandwidth, differential sample-and-hold, analog input amplifiers that support a variety of user-selectable input ranges. An integrated voltage reference eases the design considerations. A duty cycle stabilizer (DCS) is provided to compensate for variations in the ADC clock duty cycle, allowing the converter to maintain excellent performance.
The ADC output data is routed directly to the JESD204A serial output port. This output is at CML voltage levels. A CMOS or LVDS synchronization input (DSYNC) is provided.
The flexible power-down options allow significant power savings, when desired.
Programming for setup and control is accomplished using a 3-wire SPI-compatible serial interface.
The AD9641 is available in a 32-lead LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Diversity radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers (3G and 4G)
GSM, EDGE, W-CDMA, LTE,
CDMA2000, WiMAX, TD-SCDMA
- Smart antenna systems
- General-purpose software radios
- Broadband data applications
- Ultrasound equipment
- An on-chip PLL allows users to provide a single ADC sampling clock. The PLL multiplies the ADC sampling clock to produce the corresponding JESD204A data rate clock.
- The configurable JESD204A output block coded data rate supports up to 1.6 Gbps.
- A proprietary differential input maintains excellent SNR performance for input frequencies up to 250 MHz.
- Operation is from a single 1.8 V power supply.
- The standard serial port interface (SPI) supports various product features and functions, such as data formatting (offset binary, twos complement, or gray coding), controlling the clock DCS, power-down, test modes, voltage reference mode, and serial output configuration.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9641.
Application Notes (9)
Tools & Simulations
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
For designers who are selecting or evaluating high speed ADCs, VisualAnalog™ is a software package that combines a powerful set of simulation and data analysis tools with a user-friendly graphical interface.
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
AD9641 Companion Parts
Recommended Clock Drivers
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.