Features and Benefits
- Converts preset standard input frequencies to standard output frequencies
- Input frequencies from 8 kHz to 200 MHz
- Output frequencies up to 810 MHz LVPECL and LVDS (200 MHz CMOS)
- Preset pin-programmable frequency translation ratios
- On-chip VCO
- Single-ended CMOS reference input
- Two output clocks (independently programmable as LVDS, LVPECL, or CMOS)
- Single supply (3.3 V)
- Very low power: <450 mW (under most conditions)
- Small package size (5 mm × 5 mm)
- Exceeds Telcordia GR-253-CORE jitter generation, transfer and tolerance specifications
Product DetailsThe AD9550 is a phase-locked loop (PLL) based clock translator designed to address the needs of wireline communication and base station applications. The device employs an integer-N PLL to accommodate the applicable frequency translation requirements. It accepts a single-ended input reference signal at the REF input.
The AD9550 is pin programmable, providing a matrix of standard input/output frequency translations from a list of 15 possible input frequencies to a list of 51 possible output frequency pairs (OUT1 and OUT2).
The AD9550 output is compatible with LVPECL, LVDS, or single-ended CMOS logic levels, although the AD9550 is implemented in a strictly CMOS process.
The AD9550 operates over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Cost effective replacement of high frequency VCXO, OCXO, and SAW resonators
- Flexible frequency translation for wireline applications such as Ethernet, T1/E1, SONET/SDH, GPON, xDSL
- Wireless infrastructure
- Test and measurement (including handheld devices)
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9550.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.