Features and Benefits
- RF 1 × 1 transceiver with integrated 12-bit DACs and ADCs
- Band: 70 MHz to 6.0 GHz
- Supports TDD and FDD operation
- Tunable channel bandwidth: <200 kHz to 56 MHz
- Dual receivers: 6 differential or 12 single-ended inputs
- Superior receiver sensitivity with a noise figure < 2.5 dB
- RX gain control
- Real-time monitor and control signals for manual gain
- Independent automatic gain control
- See data sheet for additional features
The AD9364 is a 1 x 1 channel high performance, highly integrated RF Agile Transceiver™. Its programmability and wideband capability make it ideal for a broad range of transceiver applications. The device combines an RF front end with a flexible mixed-signal baseband section and integrated frequency synthesizers, simplifying design-in by providing a configurable digital interface to a processor. The AD9364 operates in the 70 MHz to 6.0 GHz range, covering most licensed and unlicensed bands. Channel bandwidths from less than 200 kHz to 56 MHz are supported.
The AD9364 is packaged in a 10 mm × 10 mm, 144-ball chip scale package ball grid array (CSP_BGA).
- Point to point communication systems
- Femtocell/picocell/microcell base stations
- General-purpose radio systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
ADRV9364-Z7020 SDR 1x1 System-On-Module (SOM) is a Software Deﬁned Radio (SDR) that combines the Analog Devices AD9364 integrated RF Agile Transceiver™ with the Xilinx Z-7020 Zynq®-7000 All Programmable SoC.
ADRV9364-Z7020 offers a single RF receive and transmit paths in the 70 MHz to 6.0 GHz range.
ADRV9364-Z7020 is a fully tested and verified SOM that combines the RF signal path and high-speed programmable logic.
ADRV9364-Z7020 forms the RF-to-baseband signal processing core of a wireless communications system, allowing the designer to focus on other differentiating features.
ADRV9364-Z7020 has available carrier cards for fast prototype and is supported by simulation and code generation tools that integrate seamlessly with Xilinx Vivado® Design Suite.
ADRV9364-Z7020 enables reduced time to market of SDR product designs.
Features & Benefits
- Fully-veriﬁed, low-power, rugged system-on-module (SOM) ready for end-product deployment
- Supported by MATLAB® and Simulink®
- Production-ready and industrial temperature rated SOM
- Conforms to MIL-STD 202G for thermal, vibration, and shock
- Included on SOM:
- Analog Devices AD9364- BBCZ Integrated 1x1 RF Agile Transceiver™
- Xilinx Zynq XC7Z020-1CLG400I AP SoC for Digital Processing
The AD-FMCOMMS4-EBZ provides software developers and system architect with a single 1 x 1 transceiver platform that can be software-configured for wideband tuning as well as narrowband RF performance.
In the wideband configuration, the AD-FMCOMMS4-EBZ will operate over the full 70 MHz to 6 GHz tuning range of the AD9364, however, the RF performance expectations of this configuration must be tempered with the very wide band front end. It will meet the AD9364 datasheet specifications at 2.4 GHz, but does not over the entire RF tuning range that the board can support. Typical performance data for the platform’s entire tuning range is published within the board documentation. This configuration is primarily intended for system investigation and bringing up various waveforms from a software team before custom hardware is complete. The objective being for designers to see waveforms, but not being concerned about the last 1dB or 1% EVM of performance.
The AD-FMCOMMS4-EBZ can also be user-configured for optimum performance in the 2400 – 2500 MHz band. In this configuration it may exhibit diminished RF performance on tuned frequencies or programmed configurations, outside of this band. This configuration is primarily intended to provide RF engineers with the ability to connect the AD9364 to an RF test bench (Vector Signal Analyzer, Signal generator, etc.) and achieve its optimum performance. The AD-FMCOMMS4-EBZ is a high-speed 1 x 1 agile RF transceiver analog FMC module software-tunable over the 56 MHz to 6 GHz band.
Features & Benefits
- Software tunable across wide frequency range (70 MHz to 6.0 GHz) with a channel bandwidth of <200 kHz to 56 MHz
- Phase and frequency synchronization on both transmit and receive paths
- Powered from single FMC connector
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
AD9364 Companion Parts
Recommended Voltage Regulators
- For a high efficiency, step down, dc-to-dc regulator: ADP2164.
- For high performance LDO regulators: ADP1755, ADP5040.
Recommended Clock Driver
- For a Quad/Octal network clock driver: AD9548.
Recommended Low Noise Amplifiers (LNA's)
- For a versatile, wideband PLL with integrated VCO: ADF4351.
White Papers (1)
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (2)
Technical Articles (12)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.