Features and Benefits
Product DetailsThe AD9548 provides synchronization for many systems, including synchronous optical networks (SONET/SDH). The AD9548 generates an output clock synchronized to one of up to four differential or eight single-ended external input references. The digital PLL allows for reduction of input time jitter or phase noise associated with the external references. The AD9548 continuously generates a clean (low jitter), valid output clock even when all references have failed by means of a digitally controlled loop and holdover circuitry.
The AD9548 operates over an industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Network synchronization
- Cleanup of reference clock jitter
- GPS 1 pulse per second synchronization
- SONET/SDH clocks up to OC-192, including FEC
- Stratum 2 holdover, jitter cleanup, and phase transient control
- Stratum 3E and Stratum 3 reference clocks
- Wireless base stations, controllers
- Cable infrastructure
- Data communications
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The AD9548 is a very low noise DDS-based digital PLL clock synthesizer with up to eight reference inputs and up to eight outputs. The AD9548 features reference clock validation, automatic holdover, and hitless reference clock switching. The AD9548 is also capable of accepting a 1 pulse per second (pps) reference input clock. The AD9548 Revision E evaluation board is a compact, easy-to use platform for evaluating all features of the AD9548.
Features & Benefits
- Simple power connection using 6 V wall adapter and onboard switching and LDO voltage regulators
- Regulators easily bypassed for power measurements
- 8 ac-coupled SMA connectors for output
- SMA connectors for
2 differential or 4 single-ended reference input
System clock input
- On-board provisions for OCXO, crystal oscillator, or crystal
- USB connection to PC
- 32-bit or 64-bit Windows-based evaluation software with simple graphical user interface
- On-board PLL loop filter
- Easy access to digital I/O and diagnostic signals via I/O header
- Status LEDs for diagnostic signals
This board is no longer available for ordering.
The AD-FMCOMMS1-EBZ high-speed analog module is designed to showcase the latest generation high-speed data converters. The AD-FMCOMMS1-EBZ provides the analog front-end for a wide range of compute-intensive FPGA-based radio applications.
The AD-FMCOMMS1-EBZ is an analog front end hardware platform that addresses a broad range of research, academic, industrial and defense applications. The AD-FMCOMMS1-EBZ enables RF applications from 400MHz to 4 GHz. The module is customizable to a wide range of frequencies by software without any hardware changes, providing options for GPS or IEEE 1588 Synchronization, and MIMO configurations.
When combined with the Xilinx ZYNQ® Software-Defined Radio Kit, AD-FMCOMMS1-EBZ enables a variety of wireless communications functions at the physical layer, from baseband to RF. With up to 4 GB of flash storage space, 512 MB of RAM, Gigabit Ethernet interface (depending on the base platform) and a Linux image built specifically for the AD-FMCOMMS1-EBZ, you can get everything you need for a easy out of the box experience. The platform offers enough flexibility for many applications, and supports streaming data, and standard web interfaces to analyze transmitted RF data.
- Electronic test and measurement equipment
- General-purpose software radios
- Radar systems
- Ultra wideband satellite receivers
- Point to point communication systems
Features & Benefits
- Includes schematics, layout, BOM, Gerber files, HDL, Linux® drivers, IIO Oscilloscope, VisualANALOG
- FMC-compatible form factor
- Powered from FMC connector
- Provides one channel of ADC and one channel of DAC with full synchronization capabilities
Application Notes (4)
Software & Systems Requirements
JESD204 Interface Framework
Tools & Simulations
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.