Features and Benefits
- Chinese data sheet available
- 1.8 V analog supply operation
- 1.8 V to 3.3 V output supply
- DNL = ±0.15 LSB
- SFDR = 85 dBc to 70 MHz input
- Low power: 395 mW @ 125 MSPS
- Differential input with 650 MHz bandwidth
- On-chip voltage reference and sample-and-hold amplifier
- 11-bit 140Msps device available (AD80141)
- Flexible analog input: 1 V p-p to 2 V p-p range
- Offset binary, Gray code, or twos complement data format
- Data output clock and clock duty cycle stabilizer
- Serial port control
- Built-in selectable digital test pattern generation
- Programmable clock and data alignment
The AD9233 is a monolithic, single 1.8 V supply, 12-bit, 80 MSPS/ 105 MSPS/125 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC), featuring a high performance sample-and-hold amplifier (SHA) and on-chip voltage reference. The product uses a multistage differential pipeline architecture with output error correction logic to provide 12-bit accuracy at 125 MSPS data rates and guarantees no missing codes over the full operating temperature range.
The wide bandwidth, truly differential SHA allows a variety of user-selectable input ranges and offsets, including single-ended applications. It is suitable for multiplexed systems that switch full-scale voltage levels in successive channels and for sampling single-channel inputs at frequencies well beyond the Nyquist rate. Combined with power and cost savings over previously available ADCs, the AD9233 is suitable for applications in communications, imaging, and medical ultrasound.
A differential clock input controls all internal conversion cycles. A duty cycle stabilizer (DCS) compensates for wide variations in the clock duty cycle while maintaining excellent overall ADC performance.
The digital output data is presented in offset binary, Gray code, or twos complement formats. A data output clock (DCO) is provided to ensure proper latch timing with receiving logic.
The AD9233 is available in a 48-lead LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C).
- The AD9233 operates from a single 1.8 V power supply and features a separate digital output driver supply to accommodate 1.8 V to 3.3 V logic families.
- The patented SHA input maintains excellent performance for input frequencies up to 225 MHz.
- The clock DCS maintains overall ADC performance over a wide range of clock pulse widths.
- A standard serial port interface supports various product features and functions, such as data formatting (offset binary, twos complement, or Gray coding), enabling the clock DCS, power-down, and voltage reference mode.
- The AD9233 is pin compatible with the AD9246, allowing a simple migration from 12 bits to 14 bits.
- Ultrasound equipment
- IF sampling in communications receivers
- IS-95, CDMA-One, IMT-2000
- Battery-powered instruments
- Hand-held scopemeters
- Low cost digital oscilloscopes
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The high speed ADC FIFO evaluation kit includes the latest version of ADC Analyzer and a buffer memory board to capture blocks of digital data from the Analog Devices, Inc., high speed analog-to-digital converter (ADC) evaluation boards. The FIFO board is connected to the PC through a USB port and is used with ADC Analyzer to quickly evaluate the performance of high speed ADCs. Users can view an FFT for a specific analog input and encode rate to analyze SNR, SINAD, SFDR, and harmonic information.
The evaluation kit is easy to set up. Additional equipment needed includes an Analog Devices high speed ADC evaluation board, a signal source, and a clock source. Once the kit is connected and powered, the evaluation is enabled instantly on the PC.
The HSC-ADC-EVALB-DCZ can be used with single and multichannel ADCs and converters with demultiplexed digital outputs.
Features & Benefits
- Buffer memory board for capturing digital data used with high speed ADC evaluation boards to simplify evaluation
- 32 kB FIFO depth at 133 MSPS (upgradable)
- Measures performance with ADC Analyzer™
Real-time FFT and time domain analysis
Analyze SNR, SINAD, SFDR, and harmonics
- Simple USB port interface (2.0)
- Supporting ADCs with serial port interfaces (SPI)
- On-board regulator circuit, no power supply required 6 V, 2 A switching power supply included
- Compatible with Windows 98 (2nd ed.), Windows 2000, Windows ME, and Windows XP
Application Notes (19)
Tools & Simulations
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
AD9233 IBIS Models
For designers who are selecting or evaluating high speed ADCs, VisualAnalog™ is a software package that combines a powerful set of simulation and data analysis tools with a user-friendly graphical interface.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.