Features and Benefits
- 8-/10-Channel, High Resolution Σ-Δ ADCs
- 24-Bit Resolution
- Single Conversion Cycle Setting
- Programmable Gain Front End
- Simultaneous 50 Hz and 60 Hz Rejection
- VREF Select ™ Allows Absolute and Ratiometric Measurement Capability
- Operation Can Be Optimized for
- Analog Performance (CHOP = 0) or - Channel Throughput (CHOP = 1)
Product DetailsThe AD7708/18 are complete analog front-ends for low frequency measurement applications. The AD7718 contains a 24-bit sigma delta ADC with PGA and can be configured as 4/5 fully-differential input channels or 8/10 pseudo-differential input channels. Two pins on the device are configurable as analog inputs or reference inputs. The AD7708 is a 16-bit version of the AD7718. Inputs signal ranges from 20mV to 2.56V can be directly converted using these ADCs. Signals can be converted directly from a transducer without the need for signal conditioning.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7718EBZ is a fully featured evaluation Board for the AD7718. The evaluation board can be connected to a PC via the parallel port. Software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance.
Application Notes (15)
Software & Systems Requirements
AD7718 Companion Parts
Recommended Digital Isolators * For optocoupler alternatives, see our digital isolator selection tables
- For isolated USB designs in healthcare and industrial control: ADUM4160.
- For process control applications: ADUM1400, ADUM1200.
- For digital isolators with integrated isolated power: ADUM5401, ADUM5402, ADUM5403.
- For cost sensitive designs: ADUM7440, ADUM7441, ADUM7442.
Recommended Voltage References
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.