New Content (1)
Product Selector CardDigital Isolator Product Selection and Resource Guide
Features and Benefits
- For AEC-Q100 Automotive Qualified Devices Specifications. Please View ADuM540xW Datasheet.
- isoPower integrated, isolated dc-to-dc converter
- Regulated 3.3 V or 5.0 V output
- Up to 500 mW output power
- Quad dc-to-25 Mbps (NRZ) signal isolation channels
- Schmitt trigger inputs
- 16-lead SOIC package with >8.0 mm creepage
- High temperature operation: 105°C
- See Data Sheet for Additional Information
The ADuM5401/ADuM5402/ADuM5403/ADuM5404 devices are quad-channel digital isolators with isoPower®, an integrated, isolated dc-to-dc converter. Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology, the dc-to-dc converter provides up to 500 mW of regulated, isolated power at either 5.0 V from a 5.0 V input supply or 3.3 V from a 3.3 V supply. This eliminates the need for a separate, isolated dc-to-dc converter in low power, isolated designs. The iCoupler chip scale transformer technology is used to isolate both the logic signals and the magnetic components of the dc-to-dc converter. The result is a small form factor, total isolation solution.
The ADuM5401/ADuM5402/ADuM5403/ADuM5404 isolators provide four independent isolation channels in a variety of channel configurations and data rates (see the Ordering Guide for more information).
isoPower uses high frequency switching elements to transfer power through its transformer. Special care must be taken during printed circuit board (PCB) layout to meet emissions standards. Refer to Application Note AN-0971 for details on board layout considerations.
- RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 transceivers
- Industrial field bus isolation
- Power supply startup bias and gate drives
- Isolated sensor interfaces
- Industrial PLCs
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
EVAL-ADuMQSEBZ can be used with most iCoupler® and isoPower(R) isolation products in the 16-lead, wide-body SOIC and QSOP packages. The evaluation board supports the common pad positions for power, ground, and I/O pins.
Supported iCoupler® Products
Features & Benefits
- Convenient connections for power through screw terminal blocks
- Add-on BNC connector for 50 Ω signal sources
- On-board signal routing
- Support for signal wrap back
- Simple signal paths to reduce transmission line effects
- Pull-up and pull-down provided for control lines
- Support for isoPower
- Project area that supports surface-mount and through-hole devices
Application Notes (7)
Product Selector Card (1)
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.