Features and Benefits
- 10-bit SAR ADC
8 single-ended inputs
Channel sequencer functionality
Fast throughput of 1 MSPS
Analog input range: 0 V to 2.5 V
- Temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- Specified for VDD of 2.8 V to 3.6V
- Logic voltage VDRIVE = 1.65 V to 3.6 V
- Power-down current : <10 μA
- Internal 2.5 V reference
- Internal power-on reset
- High speed serial interface SPI
- 20-lead LFCSP
The AD7298-1 is a 10-bit, high speed, low power, 8-channel, successive approximation ADC. The part operates from a single 3.3 V power supply and features throughput rates up to 1 MSPS. The device contains a low noise, wide bandwidth track-and-hold amplifier that can handle input frequencies in excess of 30 MHz.
The AD7298-1 offers a programmable sequencer, which enables the selection of a preprogrammable sequence of channels for conversion. The device has an on-chip, 2.5 V reference that can be disabled to allow the use of an external reference.
The device offers a 4-wire serial interface compatible with SPI and DSP interface standards.
The AD7298-1 uses advanced design techniques to achieve very low power dissipation at high throughput rates. The part also offers flexible power/throughput rate management options. The part is offered in a 20-lead LFCSP package.
- Ideally Suited to Monitoring System Variables in a Variety of Systems. This includes telecommunications, and process and industrial control.
- High Throughput Rate of 1 MSPS with Low Power Consumption.
- Eight Single-Ended Inputs with a Channel Sequencer. A consecutive sequence of channels can be selected on which the ADC cycles and converts.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
AD7298-1 Companion Parts
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For low frequency and low bias current: ADA4627-1, ADA4637-1, AD8610.
- For high speed and low noise: AD8021, ADA4897-1, ADA4899-1.
- For precision, low noise, low cost, single supply: ADA4841-1, ADA4896-2.
Recommended External Voltage References - 2.5V
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.