Features and Benefits
- 16-bit resolution and monotonicity
- DPC for thermal management
- Current/voltage output available on a single terminal
- Current output ranges: 0 mA to 20 mA, 4 mA to 20 mA, 0 mA to 24 mA, ±20 mA, ±24 mA, −1 mA to +22 mA
- Voltage output ranges (with 20% overrange): 0 V to 5 V, 0 V to 10 V, ±5 V, and ±10 V
- User-programmable offset and gain
- Advanced on-chip diagnostics, including a 12-bit ADC
- On-chip reference
- Robust architecture, including output fault protection
- EMC test standards:
- IEC 61000-4-6 conducted immunity (10 V, Class A)
- IEC 61000-4-3 radiated immunity (20 V/m, Class A)
- IEC 61000-4-2 ESD (±6 kV contact, Class B)
- IEC 61000-4-4 electrical fast transient (EFT) (±4 kV, Class B)
- IEC 61000-4-5 surge (±4 kV, Class B)
- 32-lead, 5 mm × 5 mm LFCSP
- −40°C to +115°C temperature range
The AD5758 is a single-channel, voltage and current output digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that operates with a power supply range from −33 V (minimum) on AVSS to +33 V (maximum) on AVDD1 with a maximum operating voltage between the two rails of 60 V. On-chip dynamic power control (DPC) minimizes package power dissipation, which is achieved by regulating the supply voltage (VDPC+) to the VIOUT output driver circuitry from 5 V to 27 V using a buck dc-to-dc converter, optimized for minimum on-chip power dissipation. The CHART pin enables a HART® signal to be coupled onto the current output.
The device uses a versatile 4-wire serial peripheral interface (SPI) that operates at clock rates of up to 50 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, DSP, and microcontroller interface standards. The interface also features an optional SPI cyclic redundancy check (CRC) and a watchdog timer (WDT). The AD5758 offers improved diagnostic features from its predecessors, such as an integrated 12-bit diagnostic analog-to-digital converter (ADC). Additional robustness is provided by the inclusion of a line protector on the VIOUT, +VSENSE, and −VSENSE pins. When used with its companion power management unit (PMU)/isolator (ADP1031), the AD5758 is capable of enabling customers to develop an eight channel to channel isolated analog output module with less than 2 W power dissipation, while meeting CISPR 11 Class B.
- DPC, using an integrated buck dc-to-dc converter for thermal management. When used with the ADP1031, the AD5758 enables eight channel to channel isolated outputs at <2 W dissipated power.
- Range of advanced diagnostic features, including an integrated ADC for high reliability.
- Highly robust with output protection from miswire events (±38 V).
- HART compliant.
- Process control
- Actuator control
- Channel isolated analog outputs
- Programmable logic controller (PLC) and distributed control systems (DCS) applications
- HART network connectivity
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The DEMO-AD5758-AO8Z Board demonstrates a system-level concept where the AD5758 and the ADP1031 are used together to implement a compact, eight channel, channel-to-channel isolated, analog output (AO) module. The module is designed to dissipate less than 2 W worst case power dissipation over a wide range of operating conditions.
This user guide describes the evaluation board for the AD5758, a single-channel, voltage and current output, digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with on-chip dynamic power control (DPC) to minimize package power dissipation.
For full details, refer to the AD5758 data sheet. Consult the data sheet when using the EVAL-AD5758SDZ. The configuration of the various link options is explained in the Evaluation Board Hardware section. The installation of the companion software is discussed in the Evaluation Software Quick Start Procedures section.
The EVAL-AD5758SDZ, as shown in Figure 1, requires the EVAL-SDP-CS1Z board. The EVAL-AD5758SDZ interfaces to the USB port of the PC via the EVAL-SDP-CS1Z board. The Analysis|Control|Evaluation (ACE) software allows simplified programming of the AD5758, and is available with the EVAL-AD5758SDZ evaluation board.
Tools & Simulations
AD5758 Companion Parts
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.