Features and Benefits
- 6-lead SC70 and LFCSP packages
- Micropower operation: 100 μA maximum at 5 V
- Power-down typically to 0.2 μA at 3 V
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply
- Guaranteed monotonic by design
- Power-on reset to 0 V with brownout detection
- 3 power-down functions
- Low power serial interface with Schmitt-triggered inputs
- On-chip output buffer amplifier, rail-to-rail operation
- SYNC interrupt facility
- Minimized zero-code error
- AD5601 buffered 8-bit DAC
- B version: ±0.5 LSB INL
- AD5611 buffered 10-bit DAC
- B version: ±0.5 LSB INL
- A version: ±4 LSB INL
- AD5621 buffered 12-bit DAC
- B version: ±1 LSB INL
- A version: ±6 LSB INL
The AD5601/AD5611/AD5621, members of the nanoDAC® family, are single, 8-/10-/12-bit, buffered voltage output DACs that operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply, consuming typically 75 μA at 5 V. The parts come in tiny LFCSP and SC70 packages. Their on-chip precision output amplifier allows rail-to-rail output swing to be achieved. The AD5601/AD5611/AD5621 utilize a versatile 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 30 MHz and is compatible with SPI, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and DSP interface standards.
The reference for the AD5601/AD5611/AD5621 is derived from the power supply inputs and, therefore, gives the widest dynamic output range. The parts incorporate a power-on reset circuit, which ensures that the DAC output powers up to 0 V and remains there until a valid write to the device takes place.
The AD5601/AD5611/AD5621 contain a power-down feature that reduces current consumption to typically 0.2 μA at 3 V.
They also provide software-selectable output loads while in power-down mode. The parts are put into power-down mode over the serial interface.
The low power consumption of these parts in normal operation makes them ideally suited to portable battery-operated equip-ment. The combination of small package and low power makes these nanoDAC devices ideal for level-setting requirements, such as generating bias or control voltages in space-constrained and power-sensitive applications.
- Available in 6-lead LFCSP and SC70 packages.
- Low power, single-supply operation. The AD5601/ AD5611/AD5621 operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply with a maximum current consumption of 100 μA, making them ideal for battery-powered applications.
- The on-chip output buffer amplifier allows the output of the DAC to swing rail-to-rail with a typical slew rate of 0.5 V/μs.
- Reference is derived from the power supply.
- High speed serial interface with clock speeds up to 30 MHz. Designed for very low power consumption. The interface powers up only during a write cycle.
- Power-down capability. When powered down, the DAC typically consumes 0.2 μA at 3 V. Power-on reset with brownout detection.
- Voltage level setting
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Documentation & Resources
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
Precision DAC Error Budget Tool
The Precision DAC Error Budget Tool is a web application that calculates the DC Accuracy of precision DAC signal chains. It shows how the static errors accumulate throughout your signal chain to quickly evaluate the design tradeoffs. Calculations include the DC errors introduced by Voltage References, Operation Amplifiers and Precision DACs.
AD5621 Companion Parts
Recommended Power Supply References
- For low power, LDO voltage in battery powered applications: ADR125.
- For very low power, low noise: ADR395.
- For low power, low noise in space saving applications: ADR02.
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|AD5621ACPZ-RL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||6-Lead LFCSP (3mm x 2mm w/ EP)|
|AD5621AKSZ-500RL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||6-Lead SC70|
|AD5621AKSZ-REEL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||6-Lead SC70|
|AD5621BKSZ-500RL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||6-Lead SC70|
|AD5621BKSZ-REEL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||6-Lead SC70|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
A Sample link will be shown above, next to the part, only for parts that are included in our sample program. Selecting the Sample button will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.