Features and Benefits
- Ultralow Wideband Noise: 1.2µVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Ultralow 1/f Noise: 0.6µVP-P (0.1Hz to 10Hz)
- Ultralow Spot Noise: 4nV/√Hz at 1kHz and Above
- Ultrahigh PSRR: 73dB at 1MHz
- Ultralow Input Offset: 125µV
- Output Source Current: 200mA
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.8V to 20V
- Rail to Rail Output Voltage Range: 0V to 15V
- Single Capacitor Improves Noise and PSRR
- Fast Start-Up for VIN Pin
- FAULT Flag
- High Bandwidth: 1MHz
- Low Dropout Voltage: 350mV
- Programmable Current Limit
- Precision Enable/UVLO
- Parallelable for Lower Noise and Higher Current
- Internal Current Limit with Foldback
- Minimum Output Capacitor: 4.7µF Ceramic
- Reverse Supply and Reverse Current Protection
- Thermal Limit with Hysteresis
- 10-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN and 12-Lead MSOP
The LT3040 is a high performance, robust Voltage Output Reference/DAC buffer that employs a unique architecture that seeks to maintain the precision and accuracy of the Reference or DAC while sourcing up to 200mA. It features ADI’s ultralow noise and ultrahigh PSRR architecture for powering noise sensitive, high accuracy systems. Designed as an advanced voltage buffer for Voltage Output References/DACs, the LT3040 features extremely low 1/f noise, very low wideband noise, excellent PSRR over a wide frequency range and low dropout performance – a typical 350mV dropout at 200mA of source current.
Operating quiescent current is nominally 2.5mA and drops to <1μA in shutdown. The LT3040’s wide output voltage range (0V to 15V) while maintaining unity-gain operation provides virtually constant output noise, PSRR, bandwidth and load regulation independent of the VIN voltage. Additionally, the buffer features programmable current limit, fast start capability and a FAULT flag to indicate faults on the output.
The LT3040 is stable with a minimum 4.7μF ceramic output capacitor. Built-in protection includes reverse supply voltage protection, reverse current protection, internal current limit with fold-back and thermal limit with hysteresis. The LT3040 is available in thermally enhanced 12-Lead MSOP and 10-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN packages.
- High Speed/High Precision Data Converters
- High Precision Voltage References
- Very Low Noise Instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.