New Content (2)
Features and Benefits
- Supports UL-217 edition 8/ UL-568 ed. 7; EN-54; GB..; ISO
- Lowers Nuisance Alarms using a Dual Wavelength detection with higher SNR and dynamic range.
- 3X Lower power dissipation enables smaller/ cheaper batteries
- Integrated Optical Module (3.8mm x 5mm x 0.9mm with 1 blue LED, 1 IR LED and 2 Photo diodes)
- simplifies EMC design,
- allows for greater diversity of industrial design options and
- results in 75% fewer discrete components.
- Loop calibration at final test reduces calibration challenges with smoke detector products.
- Supported by ADI designed smoke chamber manufactured by Accumold, 28800X. (Please see EVAL-CHAMBER Mechanical Dimensions (PDF), also under Resources below)
The ADPD188BI is a complete photometric system for smoke detection using optical dual wavelength technology. The module integrates a highly efficient photometric front end, two light emitting diodes (LEDs), and two photodiodes (PDs). These items are housed in a custom package that prevents light from going directly from the LED to the photodiode without first entering the smoke detection chamber.
The front end of the application specific integrated circuit (ASIC) consists of a control block, a 14-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with a 20-bit burst accumulator, and three flexible, independently configurable LED drivers. The control circuitry includes flexible LED signaling and synchronous detection. The analog front end (AFE) features best-in-class rejection of signal offset and corruption due to modulated interference commonly caused by ambient light. The data output and functional configuration occur over a 1.8 V I2C interface or serial peripheral interface (SPI) port.
- Smoke Detection
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADPD188BIZ-S2 evaluation board provides users with a simple means of evaluating the ADPD188BI optical module along with the EVAL-CHAMBER smoke chamber for smoke and aerosol detection applications.
The evaluation system is composed of the EVAL-ADPD188BIZ-S2 evaluation board, the EVAL-ADPDUCZ microcontroller board, the optional EVAL-CHAMBER smoke chamber, and the Wavetool Evaluation Software graphical user interface (GUI). The software provides users with both low level and high level configurability, real-time frequency and time domain analysis, and user datagram protocol (UDP) transfer capability so that the evaluation board can easily interface to the user development system.
The EVAL-ADPD188BIZ-S2 is powered through the ribbon cable from the EVAL-ADPDUCZ microcontroller board (ordered separately).
For full details on the ADPD188BI, see the ADPD188BI data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using these evaluation boards.
Features & Benefits
- Supports the detection of universal asynchronous receiver and transmitter (UART)
- UDP transfer capability
- Full configuration of the ADPD188BI
- Register level
- High level
- Graph view
- Time graph
- Frequency graph
- Compatible with the EVAL-CHAMBER smoke chamber
Technical Articles (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.