ADALM-SR1 Design & Integration Files1/9/2023
Features and Benefits
- Companion module for Active Learning labs on buck and boost power converters
- Illustrates important concepts related to buck and boost converters:
- Continuous vs. Discontinuous Conduction Modes
- Open loop operation
- Voltage mode control
- Current mode control
- Independently adjustable parameters: frequency, duty cycle, voltage/current mode
- Onboard current sense amplifiers and adjustable load minimize equipment requirements.
The ADALM-SR1 (Analog Devices Active Learning Module, Switching Regulator) board is a companion module for several switching regulator exercises covering buck and boost regulators:
- Boost and Buck converter elements and open-loop operation
- Buck Converters: closed loop operation
- Boost Converters: closed loop operation
The circuits required for these exercises exceed the complexity that can be constructed on a breadboard, so the ADALM-SR1 was designed as a flexible platform for experimenting with power electronics. Onboard current sense amplifiers, adjustable electronic load, and feedback signal injection circuitry eliminate the need for expensive equipment — the only additional equipment required is:
- 5V USB wall adapter
- Basic adjustable power supply for input power (0-12V, 2A)
- ADALM2000 or basic oscilloscope (2 channels with trigger, >10MHz bandwidth)
Documentation & Resources
ADALM-SR1 User Guide2/24/2021
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.