Features and Benefits
- High Accuracy:
- A Grade—0.05% Max
- B Grade—0.1% Max
- Low Drift:
- A Grade—10ppm/°C Max
- B Grade—25ppm/°C Max
- Low Thermal Hysteresis 40ppm (Typical) –40°C to 85°C
- Low Supply Current: 60µA Max
- Sinks and Sources Current
- Low Dropout Voltage
- Guaranteed Operational –40°C to 125°C
- Wide Supply Range to 18V
- Available Output Voltage Options: 1.25V, 2.048V, 2.5V, 3V, 3.3V, 4.096V and 5V
- Low Profile (1mm) ThinSOT™ Package
The LT1790 is a family of SOT-23 micropower low dropout series references that combine high accuracy and low drift with low power dissipation and small package size. These micropower references use curvature compensation to obtain a low temperature coefficient and trimmed precision thin-film resistors to achieve high output accuracy. In addition, each LT1790 is post-package trimmed to greatly reduce the temperature coefficient and increase the output accuracy. Output accuracy is further assured by excellent line and load regulation. Special care has been taken to minimize thermally induced hysteresis.
The LT1790s are ideally suited for battery-operated systems because of their small size, low supply current and reduced dropout voltage. These references provide supply current and power dissipation advantages over shunt references that must idle the entire load current to operate. Since the LT1790 can also sink current, it can operate as a micropower negative voltage reference with the same performance as a positive reference.
- Handheld Instruments
- Negative Voltage References
- Industrial Control Systems
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Battery-Operated Equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADALM-SR1 (Analog Devices Active Learning Module, Switching Regulator) board is a companion module for several switching regulator exercises covering buck and boost regulators:
- Boost and Buck converter elements and open-loop operation
- Buck Converters: closed loop operation
- Boost Converters: closed loop operation
The circuits required for these exercises exceed the complexity that can be constructed on a breadboard, so the ADALM-SR1 was designed as a flexible platform for experimenting with power electronics. Onboard current sense amplifiers, adjustable electronic load, and feedback signal injection circuitry eliminate the need for expensive equipment — the only additional equipment required is:
- 5V USB wall adapter
- Basic adjustable power supply for input power (0-12V, 2A)
- ADALM2000 or basic oscilloscope (2 channels with trigger, >10MHz bandwidth)
Features & Benefits
- Companion module for Active Learning labs on buck and boost power converters
- Illustrates important concepts related to buck and boost converters:
- Continuous vs. Discontinuous Conduction Modes
- Open loop operation
- Voltage mode control
- Current mode control
- Independently adjustable parameters: frequency, duty cycle, voltage/current mode
- Onboard current sense amplifiers and adjustable load minimize equipment requirements.
Design Notes (5)
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Product Selector Card (1)
Technical Articles (4)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.