Features and Benefits
- Internal Gain Setting Resistors
- Pin Configurable as a Difference Amplifier, Inverting and Noninverting Amplifier
- Difference Amplifier:
- Gain Range 1 to 7
- CMRR > 65dB
- Noninverting Amplifier:
- Gain Range 1 to 8
- Inverting Amplifier:
- Gain Range –1 to –7
- Gain Error: <0.2%
- Slew Rate: 1000V/µs
- Bandwidth: 32MHz (Gain = 1)
- Op Amp Input Offset Voltage: 2.5mV Max
- Quiescent Current: 9mA Max
- Wide Supply Range: ±2.5V to ±15V
- Available in the 10-Lead MSOP Package and 10-Lead (3mm × 3mm) DFN Package
The LT1995 is a high speed, high slew rate, gain selectable amplifier with excellent DC performance. Gains from -7 to 8 with a gain accuracy of 0.2% can be achieved using no external components. The device is particularly well suited for use as a difference amplifier, where the excellent resistor matching results in a typical common mode rejection ratio of 79dB or more.
The amplifier is a single gain stage design similar to the LT1363 and features superb slewing and settling characteristics. Input offset of the internal operational amplifier is less than 2.5mV and the slew rate is 1000V/µs. The output can drive a 150Ω load to ±2.5V on ±5V supplies, making it useful in cable driver applications.
The resistors have excellent matching, 0.2% maximum at room temperature and 0.3% from -40°C to 85°C. The temperature coefficient of the resistors is typically -30ppm/°C. The resistors are extremely linear with voltage, resulting in a gain nonlinearity of 10ppm.
The LT1995 is fully specified at ±2.5V, ±5V and ±15V supplies and from -40°C to 85°C. The device is available in space saving 10-lead MSOP and 10-Lead (3mm × 3mm) DFN packages. For a micropower precision amplifier with precision resistors, see the LT1991 and LT1996.
- Instrumentation Amplifier
- Current Sense Amplifier
- Video Difference Amplifier
- Automatic Test Equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The ADALM-SR1 (Analog Devices Active Learning Module, Switching Regulator) board is a companion module for several switching regulator exercises covering buck and boost regulators:
- Boost and Buck converter elements and open-loop operation
- Buck Converters: closed loop operation
- Boost Converters: closed loop operation
The circuits required for these exercises exceed the complexity that can be constructed on a breadboard, so the ADALM-SR1 was designed as a flexible platform for experimenting with power electronics. Onboard current sense amplifiers, adjustable electronic load, and feedback signal injection circuitry eliminate the need for expensive equipment — the only additional equipment required is:
- 5V USB wall adapter
- Basic adjustable power supply for input power (0-12V, 2A)
- ADALM2000 or basic oscilloscope (2 channels with trigger, >10MHz bandwidth)
Features & Benefits
- Companion module for Active Learning labs on buck and boost power converters
- Illustrates important concepts related to buck and boost converters:
- Continuous vs. Discontinuous Conduction Modes
- Open loop operation
- Voltage mode control
- Current mode control
- Independently adjustable parameters: frequency, duty cycle, voltage/current mode
- Onboard current sense amplifiers and adjustable load minimize equipment requirements.
DC819A Demo Board for:
LT1990 ±250V Input Range G = 1, 10, Micropower, Difference Amplifier
LT1995 30MHz, 1000V/µs Gain Selectable Amplifier
LT1991 Precision, 100µA Gain Selectable Amplifier
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.