Features and Benefits
- Monitors Single Voltage
- Adjustable UV and OV Trip Values
- Guaranteed Threshold Accuracy: ±1.5%
- Power Supply Glitch Immunity
- Adjustable Reset Timeout with Timeout Disable
- 29µA Quiescent Current
- Open-Drain OV and UV Outputs
- Guaranteed OV and UV for VCC ≥ 1V
- Available in 8-Lead ThinSOT™ and (3mm × 2mm) DFN Packages
The LTC2912 voltage monitor is designed to detect power supply undervoltage and overvoltage events. The VL and VH monitor inputs include filtering to reject brief glitches, thereby ensuring reliable reset operation without false or noisy triggering. An adjustable timer defines the duration of the overvoltage and undervoltage reset outputs which function independently. While the LTC2912 operates directly from 2.3V to 6V supplies, an internal VCC shunt regulator coupled with low supply current demand allows operation from higher voltages such as 12V, 24V or 48V.
Three output configurations are available: the LTC2912‑1 has a latch control for the OV output; the LTC2912-2 has an OV and UV output disable feature for margining applications; the LTC2912-3 is identical to the LTC2912-1 but with a noninverting, OV output.
The LTC2912 provides a precise, versatile, space-conscious micropower solution for voltage monitoring.
- Desktop and Notebook Computers
- Network Servers
- Core, I/O Voltage Monitors
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADALM-SR1 (Analog Devices Active Learning Module, Switching Regulator) board is a companion module for several switching regulator exercises covering buck and boost regulators:
- Boost and Buck converter elements and open-loop operation
- Buck Converters: closed loop operation
- Boost Converters: closed loop operation
The circuits required for these exercises exceed the complexity that can be constructed on a breadboard, so the ADALM-SR1 was designed as a flexible platform for experimenting with power electronics. Onboard current sense amplifiers, adjustable electronic load, and feedback signal injection circuitry eliminate the need for expensive equipment — the only additional equipment required is:
- 5V USB wall adapter
- Basic adjustable power supply for input power (0-12V, 2A)
- ADALM2000 or basic oscilloscope (2 channels with trigger, >10MHz bandwidth)
Features & Benefits
- Companion module for Active Learning labs on buck and boost power converters
- Illustrates important concepts related to buck and boost converters:
- Continuous vs. Discontinuous Conduction Modes
- Open loop operation
- Voltage mode control
- Current mode control
- Independently adjustable parameters: frequency, duty cycle, voltage/current mode
- Onboard current sense amplifiers and adjustable load minimize equipment requirements.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Product Selector Card (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.