Features and Benefits
- Low Voltage Operation (+2.7 V to
- Calibrated Directly in °C
- 10 mV/°C Scale Factor (20 mV/°C on TMP37)
- ±2 °C Accuracy Over
- ±0.5 °C Linearity (typ)
- Stable with Large Capacitive Loads
- Specified -40 °C to +125 °C, Operation to +150 °C
- Less than 50 µA Quiescent Current
- Shutdown Current 0.5 µA max
The TMP35/TMP36/TMP37 are low voltage, precision centigrade temperature sensors. They provide a voltage output that is linearly proportional to the Celsius (centigrade) temperature. The TMP35/ TMP36/TMP37 do not require any external calibration to provide typical accuracies of ±1°C at +25°C and ±2°C over the −40°C to +125°C temperature range.
The low output impedance of the TMP35/TMP36/TMP37 and its linear output and precise calibration simplify interfacing to temperature control circuitry and ADCs. All three devices are intended for single-supply operation from 2.7 V to 5.5 V maximum. The supply current runs well below 50 μA, providing very low self-heating—less than 0.1°C in still air. In addition, a shutdown function is provided to cut the supply current to less than 0.5 μA.
The TMP35 is functionally compatible with the LM35/LM45 and provides a 250 mV output at 25°C. The TMP35 reads temperatures from 10°C to 125°C. The TMP36 is specified from −40°C to +125°C, provides a 750 mV output at 25°C, and operates to 125°C from a single 2.7 V supply. The TMP36 is functionally compatible with the LM50. Both the TMP35 and TMP36 have an output scale factor of 10 mV/°C.
The TMP37 is intended for applications over the range of 5°C to 100°C and provides an output scale factor of 20 mV/°C. The TMP37 provides a 500 mV output at 25°C. Operation extends to 150°C with reduced accuracy for all devices when operating from a 5 V supply.
The TMP35/TMP36/TMP37 are available in low cost 3-lead TO-92, 8-lead SOIC_N, and 5-lead SOT-23 surface-mount packages.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADALM-SR1 (Analog Devices Active Learning Module, Switching Regulator) board is a companion module for several switching regulator exercises covering buck and boost regulators:
- Boost and Buck converter elements and open-loop operation
- Buck Converters: closed loop operation
- Boost Converters: closed loop operation
The circuits required for these exercises exceed the complexity that can be constructed on a breadboard, so the ADALM-SR1 was designed as a flexible platform for experimenting with power electronics. Onboard current sense amplifiers, adjustable electronic load, and feedback signal injection circuitry eliminate the need for expensive equipment — the only additional equipment required is:
- 5V USB wall adapter
- Basic adjustable power supply for input power (0-12V, 2A)
- ADALM2000 or basic oscilloscope (2 channels with trigger, >10MHz bandwidth)
Features & Benefits
- Companion module for Active Learning labs on buck and boost power converters
- Illustrates important concepts related to buck and boost converters:
- Continuous vs. Discontinuous Conduction Modes
- Open loop operation
- Voltage mode control
- Current mode control
- Independently adjustable parameters: frequency, duty cycle, voltage/current mode
- Onboard current sense amplifiers and adjustable load minimize equipment requirements.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.